Printer Prints but Repetier Server says it's not

Hello everyone,

When I hit the print button after I upload G-Code the printer warms up and starts printing. The problem is that Repetier Server says that there is no print job running so I am not able to see the ETA or pause or stop the print. I have tested this on multiple printers and everything else is working flawless.

Thank you

Comments

• What os/browser are you using?

I assume you use the latest version 0.60.3?

Please try chrome and open development tools-> console and check if you see any error messages there. Also reloading the webpage could help if a error prevents the update. Since the server does what it should I assume the browser side has the problem with parsing the status responses for some reasons.
  • I started a print, hit refresh and the webpage is the home page without any of my printers. It looks like the very first time I opened the program. I also ran the console and there are errors, this was when I reloaded during a print:

websocket listener
    app-min.js?lang=en:1 SyntaxError: Unexpected token #
        at Object.parse (native)
        at Object.R [as fromJson] (http://localhost:3344/js/angular-min.js:1:4179)
        at WebSocket.g.onmessage (http://localhost:3344/js/app-min.js?lang=en:2:7054)  app-min.js?lang=en:1 

MessageEvent {data: "{"callback_id":6,"data":[{"active":true,"job":"non...3}],"session":"1ofOdfHG3@OFPaD@Z8xuYx*fZ@B8wH0E"}"}

TypeError: Cannot read property 'state' of undefined
        at app-min.js?lang=en:2
        at Object.o [as forEach] (angular-min.js:1)
        at angular-min.js:2
        at l.$get.l.$eval (angular-min.js:2)
        at l.$get.l.$digest (angular-min.js:2)
        at l.$get.l.$apply (angular-min.js:2)
        at d (app-min.js?lang=en:2)
        at WebSocket.g.onmessage (app-min.js?lang=en:2)
  • Looks like a error reading the printer states. So again my question, which os/browser did you use to get the error as I still don't get it with my combination. And also does it happen the same with other browsers?
  • I am using Windows 8 with Chrome. I have tried this on Firefox and get the same results. 
  • Ok, Tested Server 0.60.3 on PI 2 -> Windows 8.1 with chrome and it worked. So your problem must arise with secondary software or depend on your special configuration with something set that shouldn't be. 

With the first I can really help - could be firewall or more likely a virus scanner if that is the problem.

For the second, could you pack your data directory (/var/lib/RepetierServer or c:/ProgramData/RepetierHost) and send it for testing with your configuration. 
  • Ok, Tested Server 0.60.3 on PI 2 -> Windows 8.1 with chrome and it worked. So your problem must arise with secondary software or depend on your special configuration with something set that shouldn't be. 

With the first I can really help - could be firewall or more likely a virus scanner if that is the problem.

For the second, could you pack your data directory (/var/lib/RepetierServer or c:/ProgramData/RepetierHost) and send it for testing with your configuration. 
    Do you have an email I can send the data directory? 

I allowed Repetier Server on the firewall and will test that. It seems like it's almost not refreshing properly. There's been a few time where I activated a printer and it turns a cream color and stays there but if I refresh the page then it's connected and green. I have had the print status bar pop up about 2 times now but it stays at 0% and nothing changes. The pause and stop button do work when it does happen but it seems random at this point. 

Thank you!
  • Just send you a PM with email. 

The error message you showed was from polling printer state, so as long as you get it I guess the polling stops and printer states will not continue to update. So hopefully I get the error as well with your settings so I can fix the reason and make the loop continue. My guess is that one field contains a text that confuses some part and causes a error in response.
  • I too have been battling with this same issue since installing the server on my PI2 talking to my printrbot simple

Whenever I start a print the status says no job running and when I refresh the page it goes to the home page and shows no printers like when i first setup the server. When the print finishes or if I reboot my pi I am able to again see my printer and settings.

I am currently unable to to pause or continue a print from the server. I have tried accessing the server webpage from multiple browsers and devices and get the same issue.

Any help would be much appreciated.
  • Please use chrome and open development tools (In more tools submenu). Check console if there are any error messages that could give a hint. It also might be a problem that the websocket does not establish correctly. If you load while tools are open you get in Network tab a download /socket that is pending since it is held open for fast communication. Click on it and then on the frames tab. There you should see ongoing conversation. If you get no printers this information was not send on this socket. I had it a few times that it took longer to establish this connection so a wait might help. Or you get some messages causing a problem.

These are the 2 points that cause these problems and if I know what is going on there I might be able to find the reason. Here also a copy the printer setup might help creating the same error. You can download it from server printer menu in homepage. It is a simple xml file with all settings.
  • One more thing - it could also be related to the gcode you print since it happens only when starting a print. Has the file a non ascii name? Anything special about the print or would a empty gcode cause the same problem?
  • Here is the error I get in console after initiating a print then refreshing the webpage

TypeError: Cannot read property 'state' of undefined
        at Object.o [as forEach] (angular-min.js:1)
        at angular-min.js:2
        at c.$get.c.$eval (angular-min.js:2)
        at c.$get.c.$digest (angular-min.js:2)
        at c.$get.c.$apply (angular-min.js:2)
        at d (app-min.js?lang=en:2)
        at WebSocket.g.onmessage (app-min.js?lang=en:2
  • here is my settings

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<printer>

-<shape>

<grid spacing="10" color="#454545"/>

<rectangle color="#dddddd" yMin="0" yMax="200" xMin="0" xMax="200"/>

</shape>

-<general>

<name>PrintrBot Simple</name>

<slug>PrintrBot_Simple</slug>

<firmwareName>Marlin</firmwareName>

<printerVariant>cartesian</printerVariant>

<active>true</active>

<fan>false</fan>

<tempUpdateEvery>1</tempUpdateEvery>

<sdcard>false</sdcard>

<softwarePower>false</softwarePower>

<defaultVolumetric>false</defaultVolumetric>

</general>

-<connection>

-<serial>

<baudrate>115200</baudrate>

<device>/dev/serial/by-id/usb-Teensyduino_USB_Serial_12345-if00</device>

<pingPong>false</pingPong>

<inputBufferSize>63</inputBufferSize>

<communicationTimeout>30</communicationTimeout>

<protocol>0</protocol>

</serial>

</connection>

-<movement>

<xMin>0</xMin>

<xMax>200</xMax>

<xHome>0</xHome>

<yMin>0</yMin>

<yMax>200</yMax>

<yHome>0</yHome>

<zMin>0</zMin>

<zMax>100</zMax>

<zHome>0</zHome>

<xyJerk>20</xyJerk>

<zJerk>0.30000000000000004</zJerk>

<timeMultiplier>1</timeMultiplier>

<movebuffer>16</movebuffer>

<xySpeed max="200">100</xySpeed>

<zSpeed max="2">2</zSpeed>

<xyPrintAcceleration>1500</xyPrintAcceleration>

<xyTravelAcceleration>2500</xyTravelAcceleration>

<zPrintAcceleration>100</zPrintAcceleration>

<zTravelAcceleration>100</zTravelAcceleration>

<endstops z="true" y="true" x="true" all="true"/>

<G10Speed>50</G10Speed>

<G10Distance>3</G10Distance>

<G10LongDistance>50</G10LongDistance>

<G11Speed>50</G11Speed>

<G11ExtraDistance>0</G11ExtraDistance>

<G11ExtraLongDistance>0</G11ExtraLongDistance>

<G10ZLift>0</G10ZLift>

</movement>

-<extruders>

-<extruder num="0" maxTemp="260" lastTemp="0" filamentDiameter="1.75">

<maxSpeed max="20" jerk="40" acceleration="6000"/>

<extrude speed="2"/>

<retract speed="30"/>

<tempChange heatupPerSecond="2" cooldownPerSecond="0.5"/>

<offsets y="0" x="0"/>

-<temperatures>

<temperature value="245">ABS 245</temperature>

<temperature value="210">PLA 210</temperature>

<temperature value="195">PLA 195</temperature>

</temperatures>

</extruder>

</extruders>

-<heatedBed maxTemp="120" lastTemp="0" heatupPerSecond="0.2" cooldownPerSecond="0.02" installed="true">

-<temperatures>

<temperature value="115">ABS</temperature>

<temperature value="50">PLA</temperature>

</temperatures>

</heatedBed>

<quickCommands/>

-<webcam>

<method>0</method>

<timelapseMethod>0</timelapseMethod>

<staticUrl/>

<dynamicUrl/>

<reloadInterval>3</reloadInterval>

<timelapseInterval>10</timelapseInterval>

</webcam>

<scripts/>

</printer>
  • Empty Gcode does not cause this issue because the job finishes right away and the issue only occurs during a print. The same gcode prints fine from repetier host on my laptop.
  • Posting here since I'm having the EXACT same problem.

Tried Repetier-Server several machines : Raspberry PI 2, windows 10 computer, windows 7 computer. It only worked once on the Windows 7 computer where it showed the print status and I was able to pause the print. Every other time the server says "no job running" leaving me with no possibility to pause or cancel the print (I have to disable the printer...). Sometimes refreshing makes the printers disapear.

I've tried to change the port number and downloading older version of the server. It only worked once and I don't know why.
    I've been trying every day for a week to make it work because I can see the potential of it and it would be awesome to have it working. 
    I'm available if you need any data, I wan't to make it work. :'(
  • Can you tell more about your setup. I still need more informations to find the common part to users with the problem that make them different to the others where it works. So what firmware, also please post your printer configuration (home ->Printer Menu->Download Configuration) best as downloadable file so I can import it to see if I get a problem.
    What browser did you use? Any helpful log messages or messages in javascript console (development tools in chrome)?
  • edited July 2015
    The first time I tried it was on the PI2, no connection problem, I plugged a Printrbot Play and launched a print. No progress bar, no pause or stop. I didn't realise at the time that it wasn't normal. We tried from Chrome and Spartan.

Having a computer on 24/7 and close to my printers I decided to install on it rather than PI. The computer runs on Windows 8.1 Pro and has two printers plugged in, a Printrbot Play and a Printrbot Simple. You can find their configurations here : https://goo.gl/exZ25A . Have been trying on this computer for 3 days (also tried to change the port, close the process and run as admin) but it never worked. Again, from Chrome and Spartan.

Finally, at the office on a computer running on Windows 7 and browsing from Firefox, I have a Printrbot Simple and a Printrbot Plus plugged in (sorry can't get the config files from here). I also use it everyday even thought it doesn't work properly. It only worked once and I can't figure out why. It was last Friday, it was awesome, I had cheese sandwich that day *sigh*.

Hope it helps, still available if you need more info.

Edit : The Chrome console give me this message when I try to access the server from another computer but nothing from the computer itself :

WebSocket connection to 'ws://192.168.1.13:3344/socket/?lang=en&sess=1ofOdfHG3%40OFPaD%40Z8xuYx*fZ%40B8wH0E' failed: Received start of new message but previous message is unfinished.

Also it reminds me that I was accessing the server remotely from the PI but I use it from localhost at the office. On the W8.1, it's half and half.

• Good news!

I could reproduce the problem and found a solution. The new 0.60.4 now available should solve your problems. I got the same problems and error messages and all are now gone :-)
  • edited July 2015
    I think I'm in love with you *_*

Can you quickly explain what was the problem ? I spent a lot of time and effort into that error ^^

Edit : Just installed the update, IT'S WORKING !
  • Wicket thing. It uses speed multipler to compute time but for marlin which never returns the value it used default 0. So time computation contained 1/0 => inf in json response. Javascript then got an error since inf is not a valid number which crashed the printer status updater which updates print status like job running message.

You see a small problem in the server caused a problem over some redirections in a completely different place. Even after getting the error I needed a few hours to find the real problem starting this.

• Never divide by zero ! Oo
    Glad it's fixed, thank you for the fix, I'm going to use it a lot now ;)
  • Thanks for fixing this, I can confirm 60.4 printer status works now.  FYI, running printrbot metal (Marlin FW).