v0.91 - Touchscreen goes to screensaver regardless of setting 0

Hi,

With the latest version i noticed that my touchscreen goes to screensaver after about 10 mintues. I had previously disabled screensaver by having a time limit set of zero. Now it seems regardless of this setting a screensaver is applied after a few minutes and i can't seem to turn it off.

Not a huge issue but it was not there in the last version.

Cheers

Comments

• Ok, found reason. We have a new script for screensaver and that is not in sudoers list. Over ssh send
    sudo echo "repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/Repetier-Setup/bin/screensaver" >> /etc/sudoers.d/repetierserver-perms

to fix. Then set timeout 0 and disable display should be disabled. You need to toggle if it is already. Then it will work.

Next update will fix it automatically.

• When i send above command i get following permission denied response:

pi@RepetierServer:~ $ sudo echo repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/Repetier-Setup/bin/screensaver >> /etc/sudoers.d/repetierserver-perms
    -bash: /etc/sudoers.d/repetierserver-perms: Permission denied
  • In your variant the quotes are missing!
    sudo makes you root so you should have all permissions. You can also edit the file and add the line manually
    sudo nano /etc/sudoers.d/repetierserver-perms
    and add line
    repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/Repetier-Setup/bin/screensaver

• In my original try the quotes where there but same result. Not sure why they were gone from the version i pasted here. Regardless i now did the edit with nano and it seems to work now fine. Thanks!
  • Hi,

I'm having the same issues, regardless what timeout I set, the display goes dark after 10 minutes. I already checked what's stated above. I'm on version 0.93.1.

Thanks
  • Hello, I had the same problem, to get rid of it, I had to install a screen saver in the OS, then in the choosing disable in the menu. 
  • Don't set time to 0. That will not help also it states it does. Fixed that for next release. Use the switch below and disable screensaver to call the disable function.
  • Sorry for not being clear in my report, but I have the time set to an hour, not 0. Anyway, let's wait for the next version :)

• I see. That is then the dpms default timing taking over. Looks like this has changed in buster. The default there is 600 seconds so 10 minutes and does not get set in current screen saver script. Will be fixed in next image. But you can also just replace content of /usr/local/Repetier-Setup/bin/screensaver with

#!/bin/bash

# Implements commands
    # screensaver on - Called when screensaver should activate
    # screensaver off - Called when screensaver should be inactive
    # screensaver config <0/1> <time> - Set time for screensaver. <0/1> enables/disable function.

export LC_ALL=C
    DIR="$( cd "$( dirname "${BASH_SOURCE[0]}" )" && pwd )"
    cd $DIR
    CMD=$1
    P1=$2
    P2=$3

case $CMD in
    on)
    # Add code to run on screensaver activation
    if [[ -e "/dev/backlight-1wire" ]]; then
    echo 0 > /dev/backlight-1wire
    fi
    ;;
    off)
    # Add code to run on screensaver deactivation
    if [[ -e "/dev/backlight-1wire" ]]; then
    echo 80 > /dev/backlight-1wire
    fi
    ;;
    config)
    export DISPLAY=:0
    if [[ "$P1" == "0" ]] ; then
    xset s off
    xset -dpms
    xset dpms 0 0 0
    xset s noblank
    xset s reset
    echo "Screensaver disabled"
    else
    xset s on
    xset +dpms
    xset dpms 0 0 $P2
    xset s blank
    xset s $P2
    echo "Screensaver enabled"
    fi
    ;;
    esac

which is the source for next image screen saver script.
  • Great, I will give it a try and get back to you.

• Tested the script and works like written on the box :)