Gcode purge line before print!

I am fairly new to 3d printing but have picked up quite a bit! I am currently using Repetier Host 2.1.3 with Slic3r PE 1.40.1+win64, My question is: where can I put a purge line Gcode so it purges about 60MM before it prints? I have tried the start code but thats to early! Will I have to paste it into every Gcode before printing?

Comments

• You do it in the slicers gcode. There you also put your homing/preheating part so you can put your purge after that like it is done with original prusa printer profiles.

Or you just add a skirt that has a minimum length, that is the slicer solution to add it directly and close to the print.
  • I have been adding a skirt for that reason, just figured there was a way to do it automatically so I didn't have to add it every time! 
  • Yes, you can do it as well in the start gcode after heating up. That is completely ok. The original prusa profiles all do that.
  • Ok, But I have no heat up in my Filament start or my printer start, that must be put it automatic! If I insert it into either of those it happens before heating is complete. Also I have Marlin firmware if that matters?
  • Just set temperatur ein slic3r start gcode

M104 S[first_layer_temperature] ; set extruder temp
    M140 S[first_layer_bed_temperature] ; set bed temp
    M190 S[first_layer_bed_temperature] ; wait for bed temp
    M109 S[first_layer_temperature] ; wait for extruder temp

Home before or after just like you want. If it is not in start gcode slic3r will add it for you after it, so solution is to add it on your own.
  • Here is my slic3r start code with homing and pre-heat and priming line.

M82 ; Extruder in absolute mode
    G28 W ; Home extruder
    G1 X0 Y0 Z5 F{Z_TRAVEL_SPEED}
    M107 ; Turn off fan
    G90 ; Absolute positioning
    M104 S150  ; start extruder heating
    M190 S[first_layer_bed_temperature] ; set bed temp
    M140 S[first_layer_bed_temperature]  ;wait for bed temp
    M109 S[first_layer_temperature_0]  ; Wait for all used extruders to reach temperature
    G92 E0 ; Reset extruder position
    G1 X5 Y5 Z0.25 F1000.0 ; go intro start pos
    G1 X60.0 E9.0 F600.0 ; intro line to prime extruder
    G1 X100.0 E16 F800.0 ; intro line
    G92 E0.0 ; reset extruder distance position

• Awesome, Much appreciated!