BL/3D touch with G33

Hey guys

a LONG shot - for a more accurate mesh - is there a way to use a 3Dtouch probe with G33 to get a more accurate map? I don't really want auto level just yet but want the mesh for better manual levelling.

Comments

• You do G33 after G32. The reason is that you want it to swing around 0. If you don't you might get corrections much too high. If your bed is very good leveled you can do that. But check G33 L0 to see if it swings around 0 and does not have an offset. Typical BLtouch issues (fast back move on measurement, enough space to deploy) have to be considered if you do not have it used for leveling already.
  • I am not sure i fully understand. So i can use the BLTouch with G33? will it automatically record the deviation?
  • Sure. G33 is made for z probe to measure and store the bending automatically. You cal also manupulate the settings manually. Just check config - it uses it's own area definition and grid for this. It does not use the G32 settings!
  • Awesome thanks
  • So do I move manually with g1 to a point then lower manually till the pin retracts?
  • No, if everything is configured correctly you go
    G1 X100 Y100 Z20 
    z should be what you have set as z probe bed distance. Then just run
    G33
    and it will measure all points automatically. But as I said BLtouch has it's own requirements to distances and timings which you need to fulfill. If you can run a G30 successfully at X100 Y100 it should be no problem.
  • Repetier said:
    No, if everything is configured correctly you go
    G1 X100 Y100 Z20 
    z should be what you have set as z probe bed distance. Then just run
    G33
    and it will measure all points automatically. But as I said BLtouch has it's own requirements to distances and timings which you need to fulfill. If you can run a G30 successfully at X100 Y100 it should be no problem.
    Awesome. Thanks a ton. i will try this. drawing up a cyclops 3dtouch mount now  :D
  • ok G30 fails and G33 fails. First calibrates the bed with the MIN end stops then moves to Z to 20 then to P1 for a few second, raises Z to 30 then to P2 and starts to go up again and then stops with a fatal error - fix and restart with M333.

I don't have a clue. the 3Dtouch is connected to pin11 and is working and the sensor wires to Y Max. It's not measuring anything.
  • edited January 2019
    It sounds like you have a mechanical Z min endstop ?
    Why not use the 3dtouch on Z min and use it for Z homing and also bed levelling.

What type of printer do you have ?
    What firmware is installed ?

• Ot is a tevo tarantula with repetier. Yes i have a z min end stop. I don't want autolevel just want to do automated G33 to map the bumps
  • You can not have both. z min endstop and autoleveling does not work, only if z min IS the z probe. That does not mean you need to autolevel - firmware will use z probe as z min endstop when homing. But z min endstop prevents moves below it's trigger point while probing might require just that.
  • AH ok I get it. Tnx
  • Must I disable autolevel in the firmware? I dont want it just G33 mesh
  • is there a tutorial so i can make sure i have the firmware right etc.
  • Test it. At least G33 doe snot depend directly on autolevel but I never tested this combo.

There is no real tutorial. There are so many combinations that it is not possible to describe like a tutorial. Just test functions and see if it does what expected. Mainly motor assignment/direction/steps/end stops are the critical parts.