Manual Mesh after homing Z

hey guys

Maybe i missed it BUT i have looked for something similar. I have a CoreXY 300x300x500. It works great and corners are level BUT there are areas where it dips. I have tried pieces of tape and paper between the bed and glass BUT on FULL bed prints it is sometimes a problem.

Is there a way i can do the normal Z MIN homing then MANUALLY flip down a BL touch or micro switch and then do a manual levelling exercise? OR even a automated levelling with a Z min ens stop only? i.e. using a Z offset greater than the endstop activation point?

Hope i made sense.

Comments

• edited January 2019

• Compile with distortion correction. That adds G33 whcih stores a map in eeprom so you do not need to repeat everytime.
  • Repetier said:
    Compile with distortion correction. That adds G33 whcih stores a map in eeprom so you do not need to repeat everytime.
    Thanks for that. Is there a link ( i MAY be lazy) to a page that explains this process?
  • Repetier.ino describes G33 syntax. The config tool also descripbes the config parameter.
  • Repetier said:
    Repetier.ino describes G33 syntax. The config tool also descripbes the config parameter.
    AH awesome. Thanks.
  • I am downloading a new version of the firmware and I have enabled distortion.. when compiling it says z probing must be enabled then requires a pin. I want to adjust manually. Is that not possible. I.e. move to a point then lower z to a touch plate and lock in the Z value and so on
  • edited January 2019
    Repetier said:
    Repetier.ino describes G33 syntax. The config tool also descripes the config parameter

If you enable and identify the pin you will be able to use the command G33.
     Pleas DO NOT try a G33 command by itself without a probe!!
    You can enable it but use the commands that can be done without the probe in place
    Read the syntax!!!
    G33 L0
    G33 R0
    G33  X<pos> Y<pos> Z<correection>
    https://www.repetier.com/documentation/repetier-firmware/z-probing/
    Halfway down the page there is a section on Distortion Correction  - GOOD INFO
  • Thanks. Yes i saw the syntax etc. I just want sure if I actually needed a probe connected. I want to run manually for now. Adding a probe will be a royal pain at this time
  • You need to define a z probe. Select just an unused pin to fake it. Then use G33 R0 to reset matrix and set values manually only. Do not forget to enable correction.
  • edited January 2019
    Great thanks :)
  • Hey @Repetier

Thanks for the help. I was messing with this last night and it worked VERY well (obviously) is it also possible to have this done automatically using a min Z end stop and not a Z max? for the last 2 years i have always manually leveled but big beds are more of a challenge  if you want a 0.2 first layer you are in trouble!! 0.3 you are still ok.