How do I restart a print without homing again?

I'm acually using Repitier with a MPCNC. So it 3D prints, as well as holds a router for cutting. I know the cutting functionallity is limited, but I was wondering if there is a way to stop a job and not lose the set zero position. Right now if I pause the job in Repitier I see no way of going to zero and restarting, without pressing e-stop and having to go back home. I use this for air test cutting to see if im on the right track and not going to mess up my part. Any ideas?

Comments

• As soon as you disconnect/reset you loose the position information. But as long as you keep connected positions stay so pausing a job does not require new homing. Printers often still home xy axis after pause especially if they are used for filament changes where position could change. Unpause will go to last position before pause and continue after the run after pause script has been run.
  • edited December 2018
    Repetier said:
    As soon as you disconnect/reset you loose the position information. But as long as you keep connected positions stay so pausing a job does not require new homing. Printers often still home xy axis after pause especially if they are used for filament changes where position could change. Unpause will go to last position before pause and continue after the run after pause script has been run.

Thanks! This almost gets me there. I just need to be able to cancel the job and restart from the beginning. If I pause I seem to have no other option than to continue from where I left off. I need to be able to stop the job and return to zero without homing.
  • edited December 2018
    Would a G92 help? If your tool is at the desired 0 position, would you not be able to do a G92 X0 Y0 Z0 to set all axes to 0, do your test, stop the test with the stop button, do a manual command to go to 0 position (set with G92) and go from there?
    Ref:
    https://reprap.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=G-code&diff=177550&oldid=177545#G92:_Set_Position
    On my first printer (a while ago) before I had stop switches, I used that command to set my start point for the print after power up, once my extruder was in the correct location. A G28 was not usable since I had no switch to stop the axis(s) from crashing at the ends of travel.
  • edited December 2018
    Roko said:
    Would a G92 help? If your tool is at the desired 0 position, would you not be able to do a G92 X0 Y0 Z0 to set all axes to 0, do your test, stop the test with the stop button, do a manual command to go to 0 position (set with G92) and go from there?
    Ref:
    https://reprap.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=G-code&diff=177550&oldid=177545#G92:_Set_Position
    On my first printer (a while ago) before I had stop switches, I used that command to set my start point for the print after power up, once my extruder was in the correct location. A G28 was not usable since I had no switch to stop the axis(s) from crashing at the ends of travel.

I'm basically doing that, but I'm unable to get out of the current job and maintain that set zero position. If I pause, the only thing it lets me do is resume from where I left off, or kill the job, which then loses that set position. Is there another way to stop the job and not lose the position you set with G92?
  • The reason you loose G92 is running G28 or other G92 command. So just remove the homing/G92 from the next job and you will use the same coordinate system as before.
  • Of course you are not allowed to disconnect or disable motors between the jobs.