What version of Cura is in the ecurrent version of Host?

This is not my daftest ever question, believe me, but it must be close. I was looking for the change temperature by Z for a calibration tower. I am finding advice on-line for Cura settings that I cannot find on Repetier Cura Slicer. I think if I know the version used I can better ask for what I am looking for as I suspect the current info on-line refers to the most recent Cura version.

Comments

• You mix CuraEngine and cura. We include CuraEngine 1.5.7 I think it is. Newer curaengine version are not compatible any more with the config system. Cura has also some plugins whcih the host does not have for the slicer, so the function you search does not exist. You can of course use the editor and the jump to layer function to add temperature switches.
  • Thanks. As I am on the downwards slide to extreme daftness. Would it be better then to slice in Cura XXX, load the gcode in Repetier Host then print via Repetier? Or when you say not compatible would the sliced model default to those elements of Cura Repetier does support?
  • You can of course use other external slicers and just import the gcode. There is no drawback except some more clicks.
  • Would it be better then to slice in Cura XXX, load the gcode in Repetier Host then print via Repetier

Exactly what i do, lots more settings to mess about with in the full version of cura  :)

• Gee doesn't this: "Newer curaengine version are not compatible any more with the config system." Just make this software obsolete?  I mean if you can't update the Curaengine to the latest version of Cura than what good is Repetier Host???
  • Apart from having 2 more slicers it has a different print handling.