PID Question

thought I posted this earlier, but I cannot find it.
firmware 1.0.2
i can run the PID tuning for the extruders but cannot get the routine to run for the bed. I get a message that it is heating, but the bed never heats up.
i run M303 e# s200 c8 for the extruders and have tried M303 e-1 s60 c8 as well as p0 and p1 to try to run the bed routine.
the printer works but I have made several changes and just want to re-tune it.
what am I doing wrong here??

using a ramps 1.4 board

Comments

• Do not use marlin syntax for repetier. Here from repetier.ino
    - M303 P<extruder/bed> S<printTemerature> X0 R<Repetitions> C<method>- Auto detect pid values. Use P<NUM_EXTRUDER> for heated bed. X0 saves result in EEPROM. R is number of cycles.
    method 0 = classic, 1 = some overshoot, 2 = no overshoot, 3 = pessen, 4 = Tyreus-Lyben

Use P1 for bed if you only have 1 extruder.
  • Once again THANK YOU for the help
    I was able to get the autotune to run successfully for all 3 extruders and the bed.

Can you tell me if these numbers seem within reason? I know you cannot say exact numbers, I am just checking to see if these would even be close

I get this for the 3 extruders (all 3 are really close in numbers so i will list only 1)
    P=13.00
    I=1.41
    D=30.52

The bed looks entirely different as I get these... (would these seem to be too high??)
    P=1024.07
    I=454.94
    D=576.30

• Extruder looks normal. Bed has a big I value. PID for bed is quite hard as it reacts so slow to changes. I guess that also makes the autotune quite hard. In the end you need to set a temperature with these and see how the curve is. A normal overshoot at first swing is normal for most settings.
  • I have a Tronxy P802E-8 with one extruder and a heat bed.

M303 P0 S190 X0 R4 C0
    Would calibrate EXTRUDER PID to 190 degrees, save results to EEPROM, Check 4 cycles,use classic method.

M303 P1 S55 X0 R6 C2
    Would calibrate BED PID to 55 degrees, save results to EEPROM, Check 6 cycles,use no overshoot method.

Are these syntax correct?

• - M303 P<extruder/bed> S<printTemerature> X0 R<Repetitions> C<method>- Auto detect pid values. Use P<NUM_EXTRUDER> for heated bed. X0 saves result in EEPROM. R is number of cycles.
                    method 0 = classic, 1 = some overshoot, 2 = no overshoot

Yes, looks correct.