Repetier server not connecting

I am fairly new to 3d printing, and I am having issues with the Reptier server. I have the Repetier Host, and when I try to connect to the server it says that it connects and then immediately disconnects. I am on windows 10, and I have a HE3D K200 Delta 3d printer.

Comments

• Does the server stay running if you do not connect with host only with browser?

Did you update host to 2.1.3. The protocol for server communication has changed with 0.90  but latest host version can manage it correctly.
  • edited November 2018
    Repetier said:
    Does the server stay running if you do not connect with host only with browser?

Did you update host to 2.1.3. The protocol for server communication has changed with 0.90  but latest host version can manage it correctly.
    The server is only saying the connection is lost. I am on 0.90.7 server, and my host is updated to 2.1.3. In the host when I try to connect, the server still connects and disconnects.
  • Please forget host at the moment. The question is does the server run as long as you do NOT connect with host. I mean if it stops working on it's own there is no need to search the problem at the host, then something in the installation causes the crash. I see you had a frontend so at some point it must have been run to load it. Connection lost means the server is not responding any more. If you have server on windows as well you should see it in services and it's running state.
  • Repetier said:
    Please forget host at the moment. The question is does the server run as long as you do NOT connect with host. I mean if it stops working on it's own there is no need to search the problem at the host, then something in the installation causes the crash. I see you had a frontend so at some point it must have been run to load it. Connection lost means the server is not responding any more. If you have server on windows as well you should see it in services and it's running state.
    Ok so I redownloaded the server and it opened a tab in Chrome. I stayed up for a while, but when I tried to press the home button all it was showing is a white screen. I then finished the installation, and then the server started saying "connection lost" again. 
  • Can you restart server, deactivate printer and then configure it to use a virtual port instead and then activate again.

That would be a a configuration I can replay and that normally does not crash.
    Since it makes problem after sending a command to printer it might be that a printer response somehow manages to crash server also I have no idea how. So I want to first find what causes the crash. You might also try first simple commands like
    M114 and M119 to see if communication works.

Another test would be to start server manually in admin cmd.exe using
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Repetier-Server\bin\RepetierServer.exe" /c "C:\Program Files (x86)\Repetier-Server\bin\RepetierServer.xml"

then you will see possible error messages directly giving some insight. In fact best is to start it directly after original is not running any more.
  • Repetier said:
    Can you restart server, deactivate printer and then configure it to use a virtual port instead and then activate again.

That would be a a configuration I can replay and that normally does not crash.
    Since it makes problem after sending a command to printer it might be that a printer response somehow manages to crash server also I have no idea how. So I want to first find what causes the crash. You might also try first simple commands like
    M114 and M119 to see if communication works.

Another test would be to start server manually in admin cmd.exe using
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Repetier-Server\bin\RepetierServer.exe" /c "C:\Program Files (x86)\Repetier-Server\bin\RepetierServer.xml"

then you will see possible error messages directly giving some insight. In fact best is to start it directly after original is not running any more.

I'm sorry I don't know how to restart the server. I also don't know where you want me to input commands. The server isn't allowing me to do anything. I reinstall the server and it brings me to the tab in Chrome, and the home screen won't load, and after a while, it disconnects. Sorry for the inconvenience. 
  • If you start host (not connect to server) there is a server menu allowing to start/stop server. That is the easiest way. In windows you also have Repetier-Server folder in start menu with start/stop server function.

In W10 search field in task bar enter cmd and open top app with right click as administrator. There enter

when server is not running. It will then start from that command line so you can see all messages.