Prusa i3 MK3

Can anyone help with a printer profile or screenshots of settings for prusa i3 mk3? I am trying to get the server setup so that I can evaluate vs octoprint. I love the interface of repetier vs octoprint. I would like to ensure that I get the setting correct so I do not have to waste materials. Thank you in advance!

So far I am thinking that I am going to make the purchase of this software ~ It's pretty nice!

Comments

• It's not much you can do wrong. Just make sure to have selected "Port is visible even if firmware is not running" if you connect using usb port. Will also work without this but it will always switch between trying and disconnected then because the port is visible.

If you want to use a pi zero W read this
    https://www.repetier-server.com/knowledgebase/prepare-for-prusa-mk3-on-raspberry-pi-zerow-rambo-einsy-board/

on how to set it up with our image. Be a bit patient when you connect first time to your wlan. Seems like it needs a bit sometimes to accept it. Once it has connected though is seems to be stable at least for me.
  • So if I understand correctly you dont have to set bed size or any other options to print? There are tons of options that arent configured. Thank you so much for responding!
  • For printing they are not relevant as we only send the gcode. But of course it would be good to set them to meaningful values. Bed size is known and you should also allow y min -3 as default slic3r configs print a dirt line there. But many values like move speeds in manual control and your favourite temperatures or actions on pause/continue are also personal preferences or depend on the filament you use.

I'm also still improving my settings to my wishes as well. If you send me a pm with email I can send you my xml configuration also it is not perfect at the moment.

• Repetier said:
    For printing they are not relevant as we only send the gcode. But of course it would be good to set them to meaningful values. Bed size is known and you should also allow y min -3 as default slic3r configs print a dirt line there. But many values like move speeds in manual control and your favourite temperatures or actions on pause/continue are also personal preferences or depend on the filament you use.

I'm also still improving my settings to my wishes as well. If you send me a pm with email I can send you my xml configuration also it is not perfect at the moment.

PM'ed let me know if you do not recieve
  • I get an error that the print would be outside the bed size. Think I done it right when I set the bed size, but probably not. Anyone could share printscreen from the bed size setting?
  • It is not exactly the bed size - it is the min/max positions allowed in general tab in printer settings that must match.
  • I just got a mk3 and get exactly the same error. In the general tab I have the following values:

X max: 250
    X min: 0
    Y max: 210
    Y min: -3
    Z max: 210

One of the related .gin fills has the following content:

xMax: 222.5659942626953
    xMin: 0
    yMax: 166.0570068359375
    yMin: -3
    zMax: 47
    zMin: 0

Any ideas?
  • Checking what I did I saw I added another trick, so the purge line at y -3 does not get rendered and the object is better visisible. Here how I modified the start gcode

{if not has_single_extruder_multi_material_priming}
    ;go outside print area
    G1 Y-3.0 F1000.0
    G1 Z0.4 F1000.0
    ; select extruder
    T[initial_tool]
    ; initial load
    G1 X55.0 E32.0 F1073.0
    G1 X5.0 E32.0 F1800.0
    G1 X55.0 E8.0 F2000.0
    G1 Z0.3 F1000.0
    G92 E0.0
    G1 X240.0 E25.0  F2200.0
    G1 Y-2.0 F1000.0
    G1 X55.0 E25 F1400.0
    G1 Z0.20 F1000.0
    G1 X5.0 E4.0 F1000.0
    G92 E0.0
    {endif}

You see I add @nosize / @size so the line is not considered. This part is with MMU, yours might look different, but solution is to pack that part into @nosize/@size. Alternatively you need also to increase the bed size to y = -3 I think.
  • Thanks for your help. Setting also bed size to y = -3 did the job. And I also assume it works with @nosize / @size. With your experience what do you think is the better solution?
  • I would do both. The @nosize/@size improves the rendered images as renderer includes everything and that line is just a good way away, so makes the real object smaller.