3DTouch, Keys MKS Gen v1.2 and Repetier Firmware 1.0.2

The 3d Touch is connected to the Servo output of the board, when I power the printer on, the 3d Touch runs the self test, if i send an M340 P0 s700 nothing happens (but the pin is already up so i would expect this).
When I send an M340 P0 S1500, the sensor goes into an error state (light flashing).
I forgot to send the command to clear it so i dont know if that will help at all..

Can anyone steer me in a direction for troubleshooting?

Thank you for any assistance.

Comments

• Ok..
    Here is what I have so far. 
    I connect this 3dTouch to the Servo output and the z-min stop on the board.
    I power up the printer and the 3dtouch runs the self test.

I send M340 P0 S700 and the pin goes down 
    M119 shows that Z is High

I send M340 P0 S1500 and the pin goes up
    M119 shows that Z is Low

I believe this would be backwards for the firmware setting of (Z_PROBE_ON_HIGH)???
    if the signal is high when the pin is out, then when it touches the bed and goes in (switching to low), i would need to un-check z_probe_on_high

Is my thinking correct??
  • As far as I understand this probe it shoudl signal low when activated and go to high when it hits something, so you need to invert the z probe signal in firmware. Then it should work as expected. 

Another thing I know is that you need to go up fast after it got triggered or it will go into some error state. Up moves are done with HOMING_FEEDRATE_Z.
  • edited November 2018
    Just checked my 3d touch.  It shows

14:39:57.583 : N25 M340 P0 S1500*36
    14:40:03.728 : N26 M119*30
    14:40:03.734 : endstops hit: x_min:L y_min:L z_min:L Z-probe state:H
    14:40:15.183 : N27 M340 P0 S700*21
    14:40:18.255 : N28 M119*16
    14:40:18.262 : endstops hit: x_min:L y_min:L z_min:L Z-probe state:H

so same state weather Pin is up or down(maybe because the 3d touch only sends a short pulse like the original).

This is with
    #define Z_PROBE_ON_HIGH 1

• Is there a manual way to test the z-min part of the probe?
    I can get the pin to cycle up and down, but cannot get it to trigger the z-stop when homing.
    The pin drops down, but when it hits the bed, it does not stop. I want to verify (off machine) that the z end stop h portion of this is triggering.
  • Make sure z min pin and z probe pin are identical or firmware will not detect that case. 
    The fact that the signal is reset after a short while makes it hard to test. Try
    M111 S64
    which enables endstop debugging. Be aware that fast changes can cause firmware to stall so this is only for testing.
    Now during homing z you should see if z min or z probe switch.
  • Thank you!
    I have been able to get this to function now.
    As turns out, it was working, but the adjustment screw in the top was not set right and when the probe would trigger, it would not activate the end stop.

Thank you again!