Print head and bed heating

Can the settings that are saved from the heater wizard be used to get the print head and bed up to temp at the same time?
Currently the bed comes all the way up to temp before the print head ever starts to heat up.

Comments

• I think you talk about server here. But no, it is only used to compute printing time. For fast heatip modify your slicer script to first set bed and extruder temp. fast and then wait for target temperature. That is the fastest possible solution. Depending on printer you might even want to add home and position to wait position before the heater wait commands.
  • Yes, the print head and bed temperature wizard is part of server. But on my printer, the bed takes longer to heat up than the print head. If I use the slicer script to start them heating at the same time, then the print head will reach the set temp and hold while waiting for the bed to reach temp. On my stock DaVinci, the print head will drool a little while it is waiting for the bed to reach temp. What I was wondering was, can the data from the wizard be used to delay the start of the print head heating so that the print head reaches the set temp the same time as the bed does. That way the print head isn't setting there drooling while it waits for the bed to reach temperature. Or as it is now where the bed reaches temp before the print head even starts to heat up. 

• I understand what you want, but even the measured time is only a coarse approximation and reality depends on start and target temperature. In your case a solution might to preheat bed to target - 10 and then enable all to target temperature and then wait. This gives you nearly what you ask for, only you need to find the timings here.
  • Thank you very much for your help. This is only my third day with repetier loaded on my printer and I couldn't be happier with it. It's like I have a new printer with a lot more option. 
  • If you use slic3r or slic3r prusser ed

Try this in the start code

M104 S150 ; pre heat nozzle to a nominal temp, not enough to ooze
    M140 S[first_layer_bed_temperature] ; set bed temp
    M190 S[first_layer_bed_temperature] ; wait for bed temp ; wait for bed to reach 1st layer temp
    M109 S[first_layer_temperature] ; wait for extruder temp ; finish heating nozzle