Non manifolded object repair

Can someone answare such question: Why when I load Non Manifolded object I got repair buton visible on my PC - Repetier Host 2.0.5, When Friend of My is doing the same on his PC and same file, he only get info that there is a problem with file and he should repair it. I can't find any reponsible for that stting in Host. On his PC repair buton is not visible. The same problem I got with Host on my own Linux in second PC. What is going on here?

Comments

• Windows 10 has this repair function build in. So the button only appears if you are running it on a windows 10 machine, otherwise you have to use the microsoft cloud service to do the same.
  • Thank you for replay, I suspect that. How to use MS Cloud in case of Win 7?
  • We show the url in the warning box. Just upload the defect file and then download repaired one with your browser.
  • Thank you very much.
  • Is it necessary to "repair" these shapes?  In some cases, I don't want the shape to hold water.
  • It has nothing to do with water also it means watertight as well. The problem is that the mathematical representation of the hull is wrong and that can cause wrong results after slicing. So no, you do not need to, but then also do not complain if slicers produce garbage. It is not always garbage what you get but if you get garbage you know at least why.
  • Is there a "local" version of the water tightening software? I'm not always in a net connected place when I want to print...
  • You need windows 10 then it is just a button for repair, because windows 10 includes already the same repair software. Haven‘t tested if this works without internet connection though.
  • slic3r and slic3r pr  allso come with a repair option in the file menu.

• thank u so much
  • edited May 2021
    thanks for the information