Host crashing on connect to printer (windows 10)

Hello I have been having some issues with my Tevo tarantula 3d printer when using it with Repetier Host. The issue seems to be a connection one. Repetier host freezes when the connect button is pressed locking up entirely requiring the process to be ended. I have reinstalled Repitier twice, tried three different cables. No visible errors seem to be created and the software just seems to lock up.
I'm entirely out of ideas at this point so any help is much appreciated!

Many thanks.

Comments

• Upon looking into it further and with a different PC, I can connect and set everything, however it prompts that commands are waiting.
  • "commands waiting" is an indication that host does not understand  communication. Typical reasons are wrong baud rate, transfer protocol not on automatic, wrong com port or using an unsupported firmware.

Locking up on connect normally switches to not available or already in use error after a short while.
  • edited May 2018
    I have checked the Baud rate and Transfer protocol and they seem to be correct. the com port is also correct. I have updated the firmware to the most recent firmware and I still seem to be getting both of the same problems.

When Repetier locks up, it does not recover (I have left it for 4 hours as a test) It requires the process to be ended in windows task manager.
    Repetier said:
    "commands waiting" is an indication that host does not understand  communication. Typical reasons are wrong baud rate, transfer protocol not on automatic, wrong com port or using an unsupported firmware.

Locking up on connect normally switches to not available or already in use error after a short while.
    In the devices tab on the PC which crashes Repetier (windows 10), it appears that the printer hasn't been given a com port and appears as a "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)". Where as on the PC it can connect to (Windows 8) it appears as a Com port.
  • Ok, so on the one pc you just need to install the serial driver so it appears.

What firmware are you using? And what printer board do you use?
  • I had the same problem, I solve it choosing manually the port were my printer was connected.