Repetier Host 2.0.5 crashes on startup

Hello, ever since Repetier Host 2 came out, I havent been able to make it run on my windows 10 laptop. The little loading window opens up and then says that the application stopped working. It works fine on my windows 7 PC though. I've searched around and done some common fixes such as running sfc /scannow bu everything seems ok. This is the windows application error log: 

Faulting application name: RepetierHost.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x597f4ac2
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.16299.371, time stamp: 0x6369e29f
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000000000014008
Faulting process id: 0x16f0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3d2a2b992484b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Repetier-Host\RepetierHost.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: c0f36686-78f9-4b7b-8c40-1da4f2767ae4
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Next to that error, it aways show a .NET error that says this:

Application: RepetierHost.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ArgumentException
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(System.ExceptionResource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Insert(System.__Canon, System.__Canon, Boolean)
   at RepetierHost.Main..ctor()
   at RepetierHost.Program.Main(System.String[])

The .NET framework version seems to be .NET Framework 4.7.1, according to the registry, as seen in this Microsoft guide https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/migration-guide/how-to-determine-which-versions-are-installed
Im not sure why the .NET error says v4.0.30319.

Any idea on how to fix it? Repetier Host 1.6.2 runs fine.

Comments

• > Im not sure why the .NET error says v4.0.30319.
    Because we only require that version. Having 4.7. is fine as it includes older releases.

We develop it under Windows 10 so that is in general no problem. Unfortunately the message gives no hint what host is doing when it fails. What language are you using? That would be the only big difference. What you also could try is rename registry in regedit (HKCU/Software/repetier ) and install7start 2.0.5. Maybe using a existing value causes an error at creation. If that is not the problem you can rename it back to get your old settings.
  • Can you expand more on the install7start? Google didn't turn up with anything useful.
  • Wait, I tried the delete registry thing and it loads up now! That was the issue. I'm going to use it and if it crashes again I'll let you know. Cheers!