Adjust printer to start next layer at the end of the previous layer

Sorry if the title is confusing.  I am curious if Slic3r has a setting that would allow me to tell the printer to begin the next layer at the end of the previous layer.  I work with a pneumatic printer so there is no retraction, only turning off of the air, but it leaves stringing when the print head retracts.  

I tried messing with the "seam position" setting, but that does not change anything.

I am trying to print several single layers upwards (20mm high) and while the print works, I notice a few problem areas because of the stringing.  The printhead is shutting off the air, retracting, and moving back to the original starting position to start the next layer, and I am wanting the printhead to keep the air on, move the proper z distance, and continue printing the next layer starting at the endpoint of the previous layer.  I have included a picture of the sliced print, just in case it would help anyone understand what I mean. 

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• "The printhead is shutting off the air, retracting, and moving back to the original starting ..."  When I say retracting here I mean retracting the printhead, not the material.  Sorry if there was any confusion.
  • The only case where you get no problems will be in vase mode where the object consists only of one perimeter. In all other cases this will normally not be the case as there is a fixed procedure outer perimeter, inner perimeter then infill so a jump in position is the normal case. You can use avoid crossing perimeter to reduce the visible effects when printing multiple objects or havin islands.
  • Thank you.  I will try your suggestions.