Help with My Tevo Tornado

Hi I am a total newbie to 3D printing, I just received my new printer and put it together with out any issues But when i tried to print something nothing happened. I in seated the sd card, it said card inserted but when I went into the menu it said no card, so I tried to print from computer and after pushing print nothing happened I checked the log and it said communication time out-reset buffer block so now I don't know what to do next

Comments

• If you get timeouts from the start you have set the wrong baud rate in printer settings, that's all. Change it reconnect and see if it responds e.g. on M119 and returns endstop state.

sd card - make sur eit is vfat formated and not ntfs.
  • Hi ok I down loaded a file from thingie verse and the printer is now trying to print from the computer but the filament doesn't come out of the extruder very well. I held the filament while it was printing and the big gear moves a little but it doesn't actually go around. Some filament comes out but nowhere enough and it doesn't stick to the bed it just balls up around the nozzle.
  • Might be underextrusion if you have not calibrated the extruder. Possible reasons are wrong temperature so it has problems extruding or steps per mm are just not set right. So try with low speed to extrude 100mm and measure how much filament gets inside (use a marker an measure distance). Adjust steps per mm for extruder until it matches. Then you can test if it still works at higher speeds. Depending on temeprature and power of heater there is a limit how many mm/s you can extrude and you just need to print slower. Only thing is on pure extrusion you set the filament speed which can be 1-10mm/s at maximum. While printing speed is xy speed and extrusion is scaled down accordingly so a 60mm/s xy speed might just be 3-4mm/s filament speed depending on layer height and extrusion width!
  • treboka said:
    Hi ok I down loaded a file from thingie verse and the printer is now trying to print from the computer but the filament doesn't come out of the extruder very well. I held the filament while it was printing and the big gear moves a little but it doesn't actually go around. Some filament comes out but nowhere enough and it doesn't stick to the bed it just balls up around the nozzle.
    I too have the same problem. Its strange because my printer acts very wonky under Repitier. It will somtimes skip heating the bed and nozzle and go straight to printing cold and no extruder movement at all. When It does print what I slice in Repetier it under extrudes. 
  • Host just sends all commands to firmware. If it underextrudes then extruder is not calibrated or you used a wrong extrusion multiplyer for your filament (varies for different types).
  • It may be that my usb extension cable is to blame. Im looking into it and will report back. Im trying Repetier on my laptop with no  usb extension cable. I love Repitier with Slicr, After that its Cura alone and SD Card..

Thankyou.