Out of Video Memory / Exception while drawing

Hi,
i have this issue, when i open Repetier-Host V1.0.6, this message shows up " Out of Video Memory / Exception while drawing".
I have no idea what i should do. I restarted it, also reinstalled it. The Error is still there.
If someone could help me, i'd be very happy.

Mfg

Panderazo

Comments

• Is this a old pc with not much video ram? That can be a real deal braker as the host renders the filament and that can require quite some memory. In Preferences->3d visualization->filament->Filament Visualization you can define how to visualize filament. The lower in the list, the more ram it takes.

For printing I'd advice to print over server or disbale filament visualization. The first solution would prevent print being killed if host stops from memory error, the latter might finish without error because it just does not draw filament and hence does not need the memory.
  • The PC is 5 years old. It has 16GB RAM and an i7-3770 with 3.4GHz. I also have an Nvidia Geforce 780Ti with 3 GB.
    I will try your solution and infrom you if it works or not.
  • That should not really cause out of memory problems, at least in medium quality with normal sized objects. I could already use it with 256MB with normal models. But you should of course not have any software taking all the video memory when you run host. Can't say if that is the problem or if your models are that big.
  • The error still occurs, even if i dont have any model selceted. Do you have any other solutions?
  • Even with small models?
    What does the host log say on startup? It gives some data on the OpenGL driver.
  • yes even with small models / with no models at all. where can i find the host log?
  • At the bottom. Disable easy mode and you see a log toggle button in toolbar.
  • here is the Log:

11:38:37.251 : OpenGL version:1.1.0
    11:38:37.252 : OpenGL extensions:GL_WIN_swap_hint GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_paletted_texture
    11:38:37.252 : OpenGL renderer:GDI Generic
    11:38:37.252 : Fast VBOs for rendering not supported. Using slower default method.
    11:38:37.460 : Error drawing 3d view:Unable to find an entry point named 'glGenBuffers' in DLL 'opengl32.dll'. /    at OpenTK.Graphics.OpenGL.GL.Core.GenBuffers(Int32 n, UInt32* buffers)
       at OpenTK.Graphics.OpenGL.GL.GenBuffers(Int32 n, Int32[] buffers)
       at RepetierHostExtender.geom.Submesh.Draw(Int32 method, Vector3 edgetrans, Boolean forceFaces, Boolean forceOutside)
       at RepetierHost.model.Coordinate.DrawArrow()
       at RepetierHost.model.Coordinate.Draw(Int32 viewport_x, Int32 viewport_y, Double rotX, Double rotZ, Int32 offset)
       at RepetierHost.view.ThreeDControl.DrawCoordinate()
       at RepetierHost.view.ThreeDControl.gl_Paint(Object sender, PaintEventArgs e)
  • he has same issue - RH doesn't initialize hardware opengl
  • how can i fix this? do have any idea?
  • I checked my 3D Configurations again and found out, that my anti aliasing was on. I turned it off, after that i could see my building space and even load small and bigger objects. While printing bigger Objects, the " out of Video Memory / Exception while drawing" showed up again. I'm open for suggestions.

• So it really is out of memory. Antialiasing increases image sizes so needs more ram. The main question would be why does it occur if your card has really 3GB video memory.  That is enough to store 24hours of print and more. Or what is your definition of big models?
    Maybe you have a tool to check how much free memory the card has or drivers can show it somewhere. Surely windows and other software might also reserve parts of it. And maybe you have also a limit how much one software can reserve, also I never looked for such an option.