Z-Probe issues

Hello all,

I am having some issues with getting my z probe to work. I am using it as the Zmin endstop and that works fine. But when I go to probe, it moves around and doesn't actually probe. Then it stops responding. I checked the endstops to see if any were activated and they were not. Also I got correct readings from the G31 command with the endstop. Below is my z-probing conf in my Configuration.h file:

// #################### Z-Probing #####################

#define FEATURE_Z_PROBE 1
#define Z_PROBE_BED_DISTANCE 5
#define Z_PROBE_PIN ORIG_Z_MIN_PIN
#define Z_PROBE_PULLUP 1
#define Z_PROBE_ON_HIGH 0
#define Z_PROBE_X_OFFSET 28.6
#define Z_PROBE_Y_OFFSET 40
#define Z_PROBE_WAIT_BEFORE_TEST 1
#define Z_PROBE_SPEED 3
#define Z_PROBE_XY_SPEED 30
#define Z_PROBE_SWITCHING_DISTANCE 20
#define Z_PROBE_REPETITIONS 2
#define Z_PROBE_HEIGHT 0
#define Z_PROBE_START_SCRIPT ""
#define Z_PROBE_FINISHED_SCRIPT ""
#define FEATURE_AUTOLEVEL 1
#define Z_PROBE_X1 20
#define Z_PROBE_Y1 50
#define Z_PROBE_X2 120
#define Z_PROBE_Y2 50
#define Z_PROBE_X3 20
#define Z_PROBE_Y3 170

Thank you

Comments

• You have set Z_PROBE_WAIT_BEFORE_TEST which means you have to hit z probe to start it. That is for the case you have a switch that you place manually below the extruder. Set this to 0.
  • I having the same issue.  I am using a FSR (force sensor) attached to the extruder for the Z-Min Endstop and the Z-probe.  How should I have this configured for the Endstop and for the Z-probe?  

I've tried Z-min as Switch on Ground, Normally open  (wired to S and - on my RUMBA board) and it works fine as an end stop but not as a probe.  I've tried Electronic, Normally Open (not sure what Electronic means but I assume that it means that it enables the pull-up resistor and pulls the signal to 5V) and it seems to work for a bit but then there is hysteresis in the signal; it appears to be OFF but when I make Z- moves it stops short as if the End Stop had been triggered, same goes for the Z-probe.

I'm not sure if I have the settings wrong or if I have it connected wrong, but I presume that I want the End Stop configured for Electronic, Normally Open and the Z-probe pull-up enabled as well.  Am I correct?
  • That worked! Thank you very much!