Comments

• repetier not working,
    the backlight of the screen is flashing
    Thanks,good work
  • Marlin Configuration

The following assumes:

a) A mega2560 CPU
    b) RAMPS 1.4 shield
    c) The MKS MINI 12864 LCD controller is plugged into the Smart Adapter (the card used to 
       interface to the RepRapDiscount Full Graphic Smart Controller).

1.In Configuration.h enable MINIPANEL.

2.In pins_RAMPS.h use these defines.

#elif ENABLED(MINIPANEL)
       #define MISO_PIN      50  // system defined - only needed if using onboard SD card
       #define MOSI_PIN      51  // system defined
       #define SCK_PIN       52  // system defined
       #define SDSS          53  // only needed if using onboard SD card

#define BEEPER_PIN    37

#define BTN_EN1       31
       #define BTN_EN2       33
       #define BTN_ENC       35

#define KILL_PIN      41  // optional

#define SD_DETECT_PIN 49  // only needed if using onboard SD card

#define DOGLCD_CS     25
       #define DOGLCD_A0     27

3.In Marlin 1.1.x and earlier, only one SD card interface can be active. If there is an SD card slot on the controller then either the SD card slot on the MKS MINI 12864 LCD controller is active or the SD card slot on the controller is active but not both.

4.If the SD card slot on the MKS MINI 12864 LCD controller is not used then the following functions should NOT be defined/used:

MISO_PIN
     SDSS
     SD_DETECT_PIN
  • repetier is working steadily.marlin gives error.

Would you solve this problem

• If you say repetier is working and marlin not, why posting here? We are the repetier forum and that is working as you said.
  • you misunderstood what I wrote.they say marlin is working this code.I could not run.I have added the code above.
    how Repetier frimware to run GLCD.
  • edited January 2018
    Could you help me to run MKS_MINI_12864? I use repetier frimware 1.00
    What kind of screen should I choose in repetier frimware?
    my GLCD does not work as in the video above
  • I assume the reprapdiscount full graphic 128x64 controller would work on ramps. Same pins and they seem to be compatible.
  • i think that they are asking to activate this lcd inside repetier, because i have the same LCD and they not work on repetier yet.

• I think the display is not smartramps compatible also it uses same connector. Smartramps uses software SPI which can be defined like this:

// For software spi assign these definitions

// SCK Pin:  UI_DISPLAY_D4_PIN

// Mosi Pin: UI_DISPLAY_ENABLE_PIN

// CD Pin:   UI_DISPLAY_RS_PIN

The MISO/MOSI in the pinout are the hardware MISO/MOSI pins that are used for sd card.
    Do you know what chip the mks uses and if it is hardware spi? In that case a different config would help, but I don't hav ethe board so I can only wait for someone to provide a working configuration.
  • I am switching to Repetier from Marlin, and need some help on the MKS MINI 12864.
    I have a Rumba board.
    I have a backlight, but that is all.
    Can you give me some direction on where to start?
    Im surprised that there isn't an online solution for this yet.

• this might help

https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/issues/8504

If the SD card is working properly then it has to be DOGLCD_A0 and/or DOGLCD_CS that has the problem. Try adding the following defines:

#define DOGLCD_CS        38
    #define DOGLCD_A0        41
  • MartinH said:
    this might help

https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/issues/8504

If the SD card is working properly then it has to be DOGLCD_A0 and/or DOGLCD_CS that has the problem. Try adding the following defines:

#define DOGLCD_CS        38
    #define DOGLCD_A0        41

That is the Marlin fix.
    I saw the code that addressed this in Repetier and it looks a bit confusing to me as if I need to uncomment it.
    I will just add this code and see what happens. 

• No luck here. 
    I want to be smart about this and not just mindlessly change parameters.
    I started a new thread so that when MKS MINI REPETIER, Is searched, a solution is documented so that others may benefit from it without having to pull their hair out. 
  • it works as VIKI2 feature controller with right pin numbers.
    For ramps and old repetier 0.92 i have tested it, its described in german language here http://blog.gafu.de/?p=1801