Homing with Bltouch

Hi All

I just build a CoreXY (Hyper Cube Evolution) and would like to home to the top instead of the bottom by using the Bltouch (As the build height is 800 mm it would be a lot faster to home to Z-min). But if I look in the config for 1.0.0 release I can't find a way to add G-code as in auto bead leveling. And if I'm not wrong we also need the homing to subtract the nozzle-Bltouch dif.
So if I'm right in not finding it then firmware this is a feature request if I'm wrong then yer I put it in the wrong section <span>:smiley:</span>

Or I might be thinking it all wrong... <span>:wink:</span>

Comments

• edited January 2018
    In the config tool, you have to tick the enable Z probing box, 1st option under the features tab,this will open the Z probe options half way down the page.
    For bl touch, you will also need to enable the servo support.
  • Hemm, that is for Z probing do that imply the Z-probe height for for homing?
    I can see if I go to Mechanics and enable homing order "X, Y, preheat then Z" then I get the option to put in a XY Homing pos. for Z.
    I don't know if that would take the Z-probe height in to account. But that could be fixed by probing the bead after homing.

I will have to do some testing :smile:
  • Yes, either of the preheat homing option let you specify the Z homing XY location,you can set the preheat temp to 0 to disable the heating part.
    Z probe height is used for the Z homing.
  • MartinH said:
    In the config tool, you have to tick the enable Z probing box, 1st option under the features tab,this will open the Z probe options half way down the page.
    For bl touch, you will also need to enable the servo support.

When you say "you will also need to enable the servo support." what exactly do you mean? I'm trying to get a BLTouch to work with: Repetier 1.0.1 development firmware, Arduino Due+Radds shield controller. The probe will run a self test when I first power on the printer. After that, nothing... do I need to add something in the firmware to enable servo support? In Pins.h or Config.h? Any help is very much appreciated and sorry if this is a highjack of this thread.
  • edited June 2018
    Yes, servo support is not enabled by default in the online firmware config tool.
    The attached images show how i have my 3d touch(bl touch clone) setup.

edit/ 1st picture,you need to set the probe X Y offsets