How to change Raspberry Pi Front End

Hi All

I used to run Repetier on a laptop, and really liked the setup.
I had the laptop mounted to a wall, and would always leave the webpage front end up for monitoring.
Laptop died, so now I am running a raspberry pi 2.
Hooked up an old monitor to it.

Then i find that the HDMI output screen is optimized for a touch screen, and looks very different...
Honestly, not really a fan, i much prefer the web front end, which is still there of course.

So can anyone give me pointers on how to disable the touch screen front end and get the Pi to boot a typical gui front end with a web browser so i can access it the same way as i do from other computers in the house.

Also as a side note, Im hoping Synergy will work so i can share my laptops mouse/keyboard with the pi.

Thanks

Comments

• For our image you need to go to /home/pi/.config/openbox
    The file autostart is responsible for loading chromium and oprn start web page, so edit this line:

chromium-browser --noerrdialogs --disable-suggestions-service --disable-translate --disable-save-password-bubble --disable-session-crashed-bubble --disable-infobars --touch-events=enabled --disable-gesture-typing --kiosk http://127.0.0.1:3344/modules/front2/www/app.html

and just remove everything after 3344 to get normal webpage. I'm not sure how good this will work. That version requires much more memory and cpu.