cold extrusion error override

i remove my pla after the last printing so that i can change to different color, etc on next print. when i try to send different pla to seat in extruder, there is no advancement of filament because extruder heating is off. is there an override i can click on that will allow me to insert new filament?

Comments

• Normally you need to heat extruder so it is not blocking your extruder.

M302 S1
    allows cold extrusion, but that only works if filament is not glued to extruder.
  • so in order to use the manual control, i would have to load an object and go to print so when the extruder has reached temperature i use the filament advance control to insert new filament and then keep feeding until the color is changed?
  • rshafersr said:
    so in order to use the manual control, i would have to load an object and go to print so when the extruder has reached temperature i use the filament advance control to insert new filament and then keep feeding until the color is changed?
    No.   

Repetier said:
    Normally you need to heat extruder so it is not blocking your extruder.

M302 S1
    allows cold extrusion, but that only works if filament is not glued to extruder.
        You need to click on the Manual Control tab on the right side window. There is an extruder icon near the bottom you would click to turn on the extruder heater. Its near the bottom where the sliders are.
        You don't need to be printing to do this but you need to be connected. Then above the sliders the icon on the right is to manually extrude filament. the right side of that icon is a faster speed. You didn't mention if it is a bowden or direct drive. Either way to push filament through the hot end/nozzle,  you need to have it heated.
        The M302 S1 would allow you to fill the tube in a Bowden up to the hotend where you would still need heat to get the filament through the nozzle.
  • Repetier, thank you. click extruder icon bottom right hand control to start heating extruder. when extruder is up to temp, use the down icon to extrude all existing color and feed new color in during same operation. that's what i'm gonna try next.