mini ir probe - G33 fails

2»

Comments

• 16:33:30.278 : Z-probe:4.211 X:240.00 Y:85.00
    16:33:32.310 : Z-probe:3.895 X:10.00 Y:46.00
    16:33:32.315 : Error:Stopping distortion measurement due to errors.

are there a limit to how much 2 probe points can differ before its considered an error?

and are there any settings i could tweak to allow for this?
  • If you do not trust some values you could simply set that value afterwards by hand sending
    G33 Xpo Ypos Zyour correction

G33 L0 lists all positions and stored correction - copy the line with fixed z value to fix it.
  • problem is i cant do that since it will not complete the probing

• dinner and desert... did another G33 and now it completed the probe

i lowered it to 6x6 grid just to make it faster... i bet it will work with 20x20 again

again it could be nice to have some kind of info why it fails or an option to have it complete the probing even if errors are there.
  • Check DISTORTION_LIMIT_TO - if your measured value is not within this range it will abort, so any wrong measurement can cause this. If you set it to 0 to disable it will only fail if it is triggered before going down. We can not really differntiate what is wrong as we do not know what the problem is, only know that results make no sense so we stop.

• edited November 2017
    problem is that it just says error and i as user dont know why it aborted

but i will try and give it a look later tonight

i assume that if it says ref height is 6mm the messured values can be between 4 or 8?

what other reasons can there be for it to abort a G33?
  • If ir is triggered at starting going down it will also stop.
  • oki, but was i correct on this:

i assume that if it says ref height is 6mm the messured values can be between 4 or 8?
  • Yes, it takes it's st z value and measured value may differ +/-DISTORTION_LIMIT_TO.
  • changing the DISTORTION_LIMIT_TO to 3 was enough

it failed because the extreme edge of the bed was just 0.001 over or under the limit :-D
  • You your bed distorts 2mm? Sounds a bit much. Or is this more an error in reading near the edge for ir sensor?
  • i think the error is reading near the edge... 

i use the mk42 bed (clone) and it has 6 fixing points

i used a dialguage(messuhr) to make sure that all 6 points are level, but these clones are know to bed a bit more that those prusa puts on his machines

the bend is worst at the last 20mm from the 4 corner fix points to the edge...

if prusa did sell these beds on its own i bet the problem would have been less

sadly to get one from prusa you have to show that you own a machine from him