Baud rate of 3d printer?

Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to revive a prusa i3 3d printer at my foundation. I am able to connect the printer in Repetier, but I am not able to move the nozzle/extrusor from the program. I read on the internet that this problem happens when the baud rate isn't configured correctly and in most of the cases ist either 250000 or 115200... none of this is working for me...

do you have a solution for this problem? How do I know which baud rate to choose... or could the problem be something else?

Using the direct control from the 3d printer I am able to move al axis... so the mechanical part is working.

Thanks in advance! 

Christian

Comments

• It could also be the wrong com port. Make sure the com port appears after putting usb and enabling printer and not before. Than it would be for something else.
  • Repetier said:
    It could also be the wrong com port. Make sure the com port appears after putting usb and enabling printer and not before. Than it would be for something else.

Thanks for the reply, I've already check that. I choose the right port, but it still won't work. The buttons are not greyed out, so I believe there is a kind of connection, but still can't move anything.
  • They ar enor greyed out because we connected to the port successfully. That does not mean we talk same speed/language. Also most prusas have Marlin and that would be no problem. So are you sure you have a firmware installed that woudl talk with the host? 
  • Repetier said:
    They ar enor greyed out because we connected to the port successfully. That does not mean we talk same speed/language. Also most prusas have Marlin and that would be no problem. So are you sure you have a firmware installed that woudl talk with the host? 

How can I check about the firmware? Right now I have just downloaded Repetier, thought the firmware was included. Don't really know what Arduino is for? Would appreciate every tip, or link with basic instructions, can't find anything useful.
  • Well to check for firmware you need to connect and send
    M115
    which then returns used firmware and version. Since you can't find a working combination that is not possible.
    You can learn more about arduino and firmware on www.repetier.com in firmware section.