Manually set Z0

Hi,

I want to know, is there a way to set manually Z0? I tried with G92 Z0 but nothing happen. Making tests with different configurations of my extruder, it is very hard to set every time when I make some changes, the correct high for Z probe. I want to use the check of Z0 using the sheet of paper, and tell to Repetier: "That is my Z0".

Is that possible?

Comments

• Yes G92 Z0 works. Problem is that created gcodes contain G28 which resets this. What I do in my start gcode is

G28
    G1 Z0.3 ; correction by 0.3
    G92 Z0

this of course requires toknow the correction you need but normally it does not change so i measure like you do and enter measured Z into strat gcode of slicer.
  • Thanks for the info. This is usable, but my idea was to tell to Repetier "That is my Z0" when I do initial homing. What I mean:

At the beginning I check Z0 by paper sheet. After than I lift Z to 10mm (Z10). Then I tell the printer: Home X, Home Y and Z-10 (to Z0). All looks OK and all X,Y,Z are 0 in Repetier.... X and Y values are black but Z is RED.... And when I take a look at the LCD display, Z is -10, not 0. In that case I'm NOT sure what is the true...

So my proposal is to add some button or some script that works like "Home Z", but without moving Z (value of Z to become black too) !!!

Is that possible?
  • If you only want a black Z send M114.
    G92 shifts coordinates and has no influence on real position. Internally the printer has that changed z still as z!=0. Same for the host which adds the offset at G92 so at Z=0 you don't see 0. The only real way to trick the host is with this scriptlet:

G28
    G1 Z0.3 ; correction by 0.3
    G92 Z0

The last line tells host to take this as 0,0,0 position, but that should also be true, so order is important.
  • Thank you!