Possible to turn down gap fill amount?

edited November 2017 in Slic3r
I am having a problem where any place gap fill is used too much filament is extruded. The result is noticeable bumps in each layer wherever gap fill was used while everything else is flat. If I turn off gap fill, it looks perfect except gaps where gap fill would have been used. Is it possible to turn down the amount of filament used on gap fill commands? Does anyone else have this problem? 

This also results in artifacts in the side walls from when the nozzle bumps into the blobs caused by gap fill.

Here is another example. I had to abort the print because the nozzle was scraping so bad. https://i.imgur.com/NLHkpTP.jpg

Comments

• edited November 2017
    If you are talking about infill, In R-H using slic3r its in configuration under infill, if using Curaengine its in configuration under structures.
    Is your extruder calibrated, so you are not overextruding/oozing ?
  • Roko said:
    If you are talking about infill, In R-H using slic3r its in configuration under infill, if using Curaengine its in configuration under structures.
    Is your extruder calibrated, so you are not overextruding/oozing ?
    It's not infill, its a different "mode" called gap fill. For when there are still gaps after infill is generated. 

I am pretty sure it is calibrated well. All solid layers are almost perfect with no over extrusion causing bumps. 
  • Do you have a bowden? Boden has much backpressure and changing speed can cause some filament shift like you show even if amount calculation is correct. This es especially evident if you come from high speed like infill to gap infill where it reads to use "slow" speeds for vibration. Higher speeds here might be some help here.
  • Repetier said:
    Do you have a bowden? Boden has much backpressure and changing speed can cause some filament shift like you show even if amount calculation is correct. This es especially evident if you come from high speed like infill to gap infill where it reads to use "slow" speeds for vibration. Higher speeds here might be some help here.
    No bowden. 

1.3 Dev fixed it. Running perfectly now.