Repetier-host can connect to printer, but Repetier-Server cannot

Hello,

I'm trying to connect Repetier-Server to my printer, but I'm having little luck in it.

I have an i3 with the Repetier 0.92 firmware running on an Arduino Due with a RADDS shield, and I have tried it with a Raspberry Pi (armel) and a Pine64 (armhf 64) as controllers, but haven't succeeded. I even tried to reinstall a lower version of the Server (0.80). The connection works fine when using Repetier-Host directly (at 115200 baud, using Repetier protocol, on the armhf 64). Before running the Repetier-Server, I made sure that no other process was using the USB port (reboot + checking with lsof).

This is the output of the M115 gcode:
21:54:07.749 : FIRMWARE_NAME:Repetier_0.92.9 FIRMWARE_URL:https://github.com/repetier/Repetier-Firmware/ 
PROTOCOL_VERSION:1.0 MACHINE_TYPE:Mendel EXTRUDER_COUNT:1 REPETIER_PROTOCOL:3
21:54:07.753 : Printed filament:10.00m Printing time:0 days 4 hours 3 min
Any ideas? I can't see anything abnormal in the Linux logs, and can't find a log for Repetier-Server...

Thanks!

Comments

• Make sure you have selected repetier-firmware as firmware type and right port and baud rate. Best is using port with /dev/serial/by-id since there should only be one. Also make sure printer is activated in server, otherwise server will not even try to connect. So normally you see in web the color of connection state changing from red to orange and back until it succeeds to be green. If it is grey you have disabled the printer. I have the same combo with programming port as connection port and it works, so it is just a question of finding what is set wrong.

You see server trying to connect in /var/lib/Repetier-Server/logs/server.log.
  • I think I figured it out - the /dev/serial/by-id(...) port is a symlink to /dev/ttyACM0, and user repetierserver did not have permission to access it. Once I added repetierserver to group dialout (which has rw access to it) and rebooted, it worked fine.

Repetier-host was working because it was being run under my own user account (which has access to /dev/tty*).

Thanks a lot for the help and all your awesome work!
  • razevedo said:
    I think I figured it out - the /dev/serial/by-id(...) port is a symlink to /dev/ttyACM0, and user repetierserver did not have permission to access it. Once I added repetierserver to group dialout (which has rw access to it) and rebooted, it worked fine.

Repetier-host was working because it was being run under my own user account (which has access to /dev/tty*).

Thanks a lot for the help and all your awesome work!
    I have the same problem... you can help me
    explaining how to give the permissions
    I would appreciate it alot

Thank You... 
  • sudo adduser repetierserver dialout
    sudo adduser repetierserver tty

should do the trick. That is also run when installing the server, but seems like linux rejected that for some reason.

• Repetier said:
    sudo adduser repetierserver dialout
    sudo adduser repetierserver tty

should do the trick. That is also run when installing the server, but seems like linux rejected that for some reason.

thank you :) (Y)