Error Flashing 1.0.0 Dev on Anet V1 board

I wanted to test the latest version, hoping improvments for Z probing, but I get an error region `text' overflowed by 6430 bytes. Going back to 0.92.9 gives no errors.

Comments

• You are using too much memory for data I think. Make sure to only select the language for lcd that you want and it should fit.
  • Already checked that, only English is used.
  • Ok, seems like text is including the compiled code, so the firmware ist simply to big to fit into your small board. Guess it is some sanguino based board with only 128kb right?

So apart from using a bigger board with 256kB flash you can try to reduce the code size by not activating all functions. G2/G3 and G10/G11 are normally not needed. gives you maybe 2-3kb. Then do not enable distortion correction and see what alse you do not really need. With each deactivation the overflowed count should reduce.
  • Yes, it is sanguino based. Thanks for your suggestion, I'll try that step by step.
  • Still missing 4826 bytes...
    anet v1.0 board custom repetier/arduino-1.6.3/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.8.1/../../../../avr/bin/ld.exe: region `text' overflowed by 4826 bytes

• edited October 2017
    - anet v1.0 board custom repetier/arduino-1.6.3/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.8.1/..
    /../../../avr/bin/ld.exe: region `text' overflowed by 2932 bytes
    Don't believe there is anything else I can remove. I would think the dev team has to work on this, as it would be too bad if all these machines were unable to use repetier Firmware latest version.

With 0.92.9, the firmware use 92% of the available space, with no function disabled, and 102% on 1.0.0 dev with all what you suggested plus a few removed. that makes 10% difference, and I believe it's HUGE! Surely there is something to be worked on.

• Ok, we are on the right way, but it's not always possible to support small boards with all features. 1.0 version has many improvements here and there like extra error checks so it is quite normally that it grows. That at some point it requires disabling one the big optional features:
    - LCD
    - SD Card
    - EEPROM
    - Z-Probe

But I guess you have and want them all:-(
  • I disabled the SD Card already, but the rest is needed. I'll stay with 0.92.9 on that card for now.