Configurator can't set ENDSTOP_Z_MIN_INVERTING

Hi seems that I found a bug in the online firmware configurator:

When I upload a Configuration.h with ENDSTOP_Z_MIN_INVERTING = false in the online configurator and download it again, ENDSTOP_Z_MIN_INVERTING will be set from false to true automatically in the downloaded config file.

This makes the Z axis stop working completely. The configurator only allows to set Z_ENABLE_ON, but not ENDSTOP_Z_MIN_INVERTING.

In my case I need both to make it work:
ENDSTOP_Z_MIN_INVERTING = false
Z_ENABLE_ON = 0

When I use the online configurator I have to fix the resulting config by hand every time.

So either the online configurator should have another checkbox for ENDSTOP_Z_MIN_INVERTING, or it should just keep the uploaded value instead of overwriting it.

Thanks!

Comments

• Sorry I just saw, that I overlook the "Z min" "Switch on GND, normally closed" configuration value in the online configurator.

Nevertheless it is not set approprieately after uploading an old Configuration.h Possibly in my case it wasn't read back, because I edited the file manually. Anyways this is a bit confusing behaviour. After uploading a changed file, the configurator sticks with a value magically stored in browser instead of reading the value from the uploaded config

So probably this is not a bug, but a bit annoying.
  • You should never modify the values after downloading. The config stores all values twice. Once for compiler and at the end for config tool. And only if you always change in config tool they keep in sync!