[Sherlock Holmes wanted] Y-max endstop problem / RH coordinate issue

Hey everyone,

I got pissed that I could not figure this out. I have a Y max end stop, in the back end of the printer (connected to Y max on the Ramps board)
Homing seems fine, printer touches what its supposed to, the problem: RH says that after homing my Y coordinate is 0, where it is supposed to show 180 (my max y length), is that correct? 

At first it would not move towards the front at all, since RH thinks its at 0mm, if I told it to move "up" (towards the back further) it would not go anywhere since the end stop is pressed, but the coordinate in RH would increase. THEN if i moved backwards, the print head could start moving towards the front. 

[EDIT]
Now I uploaded a different set up, homing seems OK again, but coordinates are still all showing 0. where y should be 180, or am i wrong here? 
Because now, if i tell the printer to move by 1mm towards to the back end, it goes all the way to the front immediately (very scary) and the coordinate shows 1mm. Perhaps its supposed to work this way... ?

Another issue appeared: in manual mode, if i tell the extruder to move 200mm in x direction, it goes to 160mm (my maximum distance for x), but again RH shows the coordinate as x=200 (and the coordinate is black??). Now if i tell it to move to x=5mm lets say, it goes all the way to the end stop, hits it (obviously), but in RH the coordinates remain BLACK (how the hell is that possible?) Same kind of situation is possible for Y as well. BUT if I tell it to move to x=250, the coordinates become red. extruder still stops by it self at x=160 (in the real world)... this shit if driving me insane. help me some one..

by the way this is my end stop config (plus home dir lines) if anyone interested

#define ENDSTOP_PULLUP_X_MIN true
#define ENDSTOP_X_MIN_INVERTING true
#define MIN_HARDWARE_ENDSTOP_X true
#define ENDSTOP_PULLUP_Y_MIN true
#define ENDSTOP_Y_MIN_INVERTING false
#define MIN_HARDWARE_ENDSTOP_Y false
#define ENDSTOP_PULLUP_Z_MIN true
#define ENDSTOP_Z_MIN_INVERTING true
#define MIN_HARDWARE_ENDSTOP_Z true
#define ENDSTOP_PULLUP_X_MAX true
#define ENDSTOP_X_MAX_INVERTING false
#define MAX_HARDWARE_ENDSTOP_X false
#define ENDSTOP_PULLUP_Y_MAX true
#define ENDSTOP_Y_MAX_INVERTING true
#define MAX_HARDWARE_ENDSTOP_Y true
#define ENDSTOP_PULLUP_Z_MAX true
#define ENDSTOP_Z_MAX_INVERTING false
#define MAX_HARDWARE_ENDSTOP_Z false
#define max_software_endstop_r true

#define min_software_endstop_x false
#define min_software_endstop_y true
#define min_software_endstop_z false
#define max_software_endstop_x true
#define max_software_endstop_y false
#define max_software_endstop_z true
#define ENDSTOP_X_BACK_MOVE 5
#define ENDSTOP_Y_BACK_MOVE 5
#define ENDSTOP_Z_BACK_MOVE 2
#define ENDSTOP_X_RETEST_REDUCTION_FACTOR 3
#define ENDSTOP_Y_RETEST_REDUCTION_FACTOR 3
#define ENDSTOP_Z_RETEST_REDUCTION_FACTOR 3
#define ENDSTOP_X_BACK_ON_HOME 1
#define ENDSTOP_Y_BACK_ON_HOME 1
#define ENDSTOP_Z_BACK_ON_HOME 0
#define ALWAYS_CHECK_ENDSTOPS 1

#define INVERT_X_DIR 0
#define INVERT_Y_DIR 0
#define INVERT_Z_DIR 0
#define X_HOME_DIR -1
#define Y_HOME_DIR 1
#define Z_HOME_DIR -1

Comments

• If you have a prussa type printer where the bed moves in the Y axis (front - back)  then your rear mounted Y enstop is a Y-min  not a Y-max

So at X0 Y0  your nozzle ill be at the front left corner of the bed.
  • Hey Martin, my printer is a regular style cartesian, bed has z movement, extruder has x/y
  • In repetier host, open the printer settings tab and put Y home as 180
  • Cant believe I completely ignored that part of RH. Thanks!