Draws inclined lines with stairs

I have a laser cutter and when I cut along an inclined line the edge turns out to be steps, I do not know how to set it to remove, the microstep on the drive is set to 1/32

Comments

• Motors will move ideally in microstep distance. So first you should check if the size of the steps equals the microstep distance. Next thing is that microsteps are not always where they should be. If the current is too low or the forces to hight the motor will not move exactly microstep wise, but will have a bias to the more stable full steps. Last thing to check - are you sure your driver is also configured to run 1/32 steps? The ability to do so does not automatically mean that they get used. Normally you have jumpers to set microstep mode.
  • Thanks for the answer, yes I'm sure that the driver is configured to run 1/32 step. noticed the regularity that as the speed increases, the lines begin to equalize, at speeds of 4000m / min, almost equal

• and even when moving at an angle there is a strong noise of the engines
  • Repetier said:
    Motors will move ideally in microstep distance. So first you should check if the size of the steps equals the microstep distance. Next thing is that microsteps are not always where they should be. If the current is too low or the forces to hight the motor will not move exactly microstep wise, but will have a bias to the more stable full steps. Last thing to check - are you sure your driver is also configured to run 1/32 steps? The ability to do so does not automatically mean that they get used. Normally you have jumpers to set microstep mode.
    Thanks for the answer, yes I'm sure that the driver is configured to run 1/32 step. noticed the regularity that as the speed increases, the lines begin to equalize, at speeds of 4000m / min, almost equal
  • Faster speeds make it easier to hold position since motor want to move anyway it uses the inertia for this. On slower speeds the rotation settles a bit more at the microstep and then their accuracy starts to become more important. Some drivers allow different ways to optimize this, like setting higher current (if acceptable for motor and driver) or different decay. The better trimmed your components are the better the positions.
  • Repetier said:
    Faster speeds make it easier to hold position since motor want to move anyway it uses the inertia for this. On slower speeds the rotation settles a bit more at the microstep and then their accuracy starts to become more important. Some drivers allow different ways to optimize this, like setting higher current (if acceptable for motor and driver) or different decay. The better trimmed your components are the better the positions.
    and the Bresenham algorithm for drawing inclined lines can not affect the gradation of lines?
  • Bresenham makes the best approximation possible for a line with discrete steps. We can only change position by microsteps so you will always have steps, but they should be of size microstep. If they are of size step it is wrong motor management. Size of microstep means best possible solution.
  • Repetier said:
    Bresenham makes the best approximation possible for a line with discrete steps. We can only change position by microsteps so you will always have steps, but they should be of size microstep. If they are of size step it is wrong motor management. Size of microstep means best possible solution.
    but how to change the size of a microstep in the firmware?
  • Microstep size is hardware given. In firmware you just set what you defined in hardware so it matches the real steps per mm.