ABS print starts warping after 3 hours

Hi,
For the first time i tried printing a very spread out object with my printer and after a few hours of print, the plastic started peeling upwards off of the bed, making a flat object like a bowl. My extruder's temperature for the first layer was set to 250˚C and for the other layers was set to 240˚C.
my bed was set to 90˚C (which has been working fine for me all this time even though people say to set it at 110˚C) for the first layer and was set to 75˚C for the other layers. 
Is it the bed temperature which could be making this happen? 

Comments

• Warping is a typical ABS problem. The bigger the print the more prominent it gets. Professional printers use a heated chamber to print bigger ABS objects as the temperature difference is what adds strain to the print and heating the whole ABS part relaxes this stress.

With cooling bed to 75°C you add more stress as it then starts to cool down, but ABS is not my best field as I normally use PLA for printing and testing.
  • I have the major warping problems with PLA too. Even very small pieces warp which doesn't happen with ABS for me. My extruder temperature is 180 degrees and my bed is 70. what's causing the PLA to warp so much? 
  • Maybe 70°C is too much for the bed with PLA. I use BuildTak with 50°C for PLA and have normally no warping problems. PLA gets weak quite early so with 70°C it might stick but is also not fully hard which is not so good. I remember that even with kapton tape 55°C was enough to stick.
  • mitch25 said:
    I have the major warping problems with PLA too. Even very small pieces warp which doesn't happen with ABS for me. My extruder temperature is 180 degrees and my bed is 70. what's causing the PLA to warp so much? 
    It is probably your brand of PLA ... not all shrink the same. Try some of MakerGeeks crystal series PLA which has very little shrinkage, extremely strong and needs to be printed at 235C for best results, bed as low as 50C works well.