Can you use replacement variables in the event g-codes?

It's not in the manual and search revealed no results but can you use the same replacement variables ({TEMP0}, etc) in the server event scripts as you can in Repetier-Host?

Comments

• gtj said:
    It's not in the manual and search revealed no results but can you use the same replacement variables ({TEMP0}, etc) in the server event scripts as you can in Repetier-Host?

I'll add another question...   Is it better to put the start, end, kill scripts in Repetier-Host or in the server, assuming they're common for all print types, and if they're in both places, what happens?

• You not put variables either in host or server scripts. They simply do not know anything about the slicer settings you used. This only works in the CuraEngine Scripts, because there they get replaced in the slicing process after you told them what filament to use.

Default scripts like going to park position and disable all heaters should be put in the server scripts since these are the one being run and also run when you print over server web frontend. I think the host scripts do not get used here. Temperature initialization should always be done in slicer generated gcode.
  • Yeah, thanks.  I just noticed that it does say "get replaced during slicing" in the host Cura settings.