Do not see video at Dashboard

edited July 2017 in Repetier-Server
Hi, I have latest Repetier Server (Repetier Server Pro 0.85.2), several printers and two webcams. At dashboard I cannot see the video but I can see video streaming (vlc). Resolution 640x480 25pfs, timelaps is also working. Can you help me where is the problem?
Thank you

Comments

• Do you have more then 4 printers defined? In that case dashboard would not show the webcam switch any more since that is a limitation of browsers that would lead to full block otherwise. Also webcams are only shows if dynamic MJPG view is defined for the webcam. So in general <= 4 printer and in webcam tab fluent motion should work.

Not sure why you mention vlc as this is not used for viewing webcams. You might use it as source but then you need to configure printer configuration to use the right url to show it.
  • edited July 2017
    I have 3 printers and 3 webcams.  At configuration everything is working not at Dashboard and printers detail. See pictures

• Ok, we had that with a windows stream provider and fixed that problem in 0.85.2. Looked exactly like your case so I guess you found another way to fool our new webcam handling. Strangely it looks like you are using mjpg_streamer which is what I have successfully running.

So can you tell exactly which webcam and mjpg streamer you use on which operating system. In case of streamer best also the source in case there is a different version from the one we use that behaves differently. I guess we have to learn one more difference that can happen.
  • - I use Ubuntu 16.04,
    - mjpg streamer I've installed according your recommendations  -  www.repetier-server.com/setting-webcam-repetier-server-linux/  , MJPG Streamer Version: 2.0
    - webcams - at this time Logitech (C270) and some simple GEMBIRD camera 
  • edited July 2017
    I've tried older version (0.80.3) and everything is working fine ....
    Edit: it is strange, I've tried older version, newer one and after reboot I have again latest version - 0.85.2 - and webams are working. Do not know what happened (may be old config? ) but it is working <span>:smile:</span>
  • That's good because i always test first with mjpg_streamer and never had problems. So lets put it into mysterious self repaired problems.
  • Hi there! 
    Resurrecting this thread because I have the same issue. 
    I am running Repetier Server on a RPi3+B and using a Logitech C270. I can see the video and static images streaming in the configuration settings of the webcam, but not in the Webcam window of the Printer. 
    Any new findings on this?
  • Yes, can happen if streamer software uses different header capitalization then expected. Seems like mjpg_streamer has changed this so that it does currently not work, but should work again on next release. We are working hard on it, but it is a big one.
  • Repetier said:
    Yes, can happen if streamer software uses different header capitalization then expected. Seems like mjpg_streamer has changed this so that it does currently not work, but should work again on next release. We are working hard on it, but it is a big one.

Ah! Ok, good to know that is a known issue! Will wait for the next release then! Cheers! 
  • Any word on the update to resolve this issue?  I'm seeing the same issue on 0.86.2.  

Just started using Repetier Server a few weeks ago - and now I'm an Octoprint convert.  The UI is amazing, especially on my 7" touch screen.  The ease of connecting multiple printers is fantastic.  And the single greatest feature is the ability to block out a section of print if it fails.  Friday night I was last minute printing 24 key chains for my son's birthday.  4 decided to come loose (getting used to PEI).  I was able to stop printing those 4 without disrupting the other 20 and saved an hour of print time and filament. 
  • It will be update in 0.90.0 but being a very big update it takes a bit.