Help!!! Delta wrong distance moves ...

Hi all,

I have recently switched from Marlin 1.1 to Repetier and I can not get my Delta to move correctly.
Problem: Moves double the amount specified. ex. Send command to move 10mm but the printer will move 20mm
Set up: Rostock mini, Board: Ramp 1.3 , Arduino mega
I know my steps per mm are set correctly because I am using the same number that I used in the old Marlin firmware.

Anybody knows why?

Comments

• Did you try dividing steps by 2?
  • Check what is in your eeprom settings. If you have old values there these get used until you replace them.
    M502
    M500
    woudl copy the one in configuration.h to eeprom or use eeprom editor in host/server.
  • Hi all!

Roko
    said:
    Did you try dividing steps by 2?
    Dividing steps by 2? Why should I do this it? I know that I am using the correct steps per mm.

Repetier said:
    Check what is in your eeprom settings. If you have old values there these get used until you replace them.
    M502
    M500
    woudl copy the one in configuration.h to eeprom or use eeprom editor in host/server.
    Even when I completely flash the board with new firmware the eeprom stores the old values?
    Also even if the eeprom stores the old values it should move correctly because the steps per mm where set correctly...

I would really like to use repetier by the way because of the laser and cnc support option, but I am getting furstrated with this thing...
  • edited July 2017

Roko
     said:
    Did you try dividing steps by 2?
    Dividing steps by 2? Why should I do this it? I know that I am using the correct steps per mm.

I was thinking about the default microstepping settings in firmware between Marlin and Repetier.
    I could be wrong, I'm not a programmer.
  • Uploading does normally not change settings in eeprom. That is why you should check eeprom in editor. Since you already know it is using 2 times required steps it is either needed and not set or set to a wrong value.