Repetier Host will not connect to Printer correctly (Cura does) :- (

Scratching my head on this one.
PC using WIndows 10. RAMPS board connected to PC via COM3. Latest Marlin installed. I can match the baud via Device Manager and Repetier but it still does not like connecting (tried 115200, 57600 and even 9600 )

Cura sees my printer without issue (Btt I'm not very fond of the software to be candid).
Repetier connects (I see the Marlin reset flash on the printer LCD but it doesn't quite handshake correctly becuase any command I try to send through just sits waiting. :(

Machine does move via LCD manually and with Cura.

Thoughts anyone ??? 

Comments

• Some added info...
    Apparnetly Pronterface is able to connect at 250000 Baud and reads off some data from the printer.
    However... if I use that baud setting in Repetier after the successful connect the board resets itself again and again.
    I've tried moving the receive cache size down to 67 from 127 but that didn't help either. Not sure what else I should try.
  • Is transfer protocol autodetect or ascii? Marlin does not understand binary. 127 buffer size should be ok. Also baud only needs to be set in host - device manager is not relevant.
  • I tried this.

Here is the answer and solution that may suprise you. 

I don't know if this is a bug or intentional but on windows you MUST leave the com port speed in Device Manager at 9600!!!

Both Repetier and the Marlin firmware can have higher numbers but if you try to match all three at high values things fail.  :(

• Yes, that is surprising. Did know that we override this, but not that it does not work on other settings.
  • Some added info...
    Apparnetly Pronterface is able to connect at 250000 Baud and reads off some data from the printer.
    However... if I use that baud setting in Repetier after the successful connect the board resets itself again and again.
    I've tried moving the receive cache size down to 67 from 127 but that didn't help either. Not sure what else I should try.

Repetier said:
    Is transfer protocol autodetect or ascii? Marlin does not understand binary. 127 buffer size should be ok. Also baud only needs to be set in host - device manager is not relevant.
    Change buffer to 63.
    If you have lcd, plug it in and get the printer baudrate threw settings up. That will be the baudrate for the host too.

Delete and re install drivers, manualy.