Warning: Missing Line Detected: correcting buffer usage

edited May 2017 in Questions & Answers
I get this warning with every command I do when connected with my printer. I get two of these warnings just connecting my printer. I thought it was the poor usb cable supplied with my printer, but it wasn't. I thought it was an incorrect baud rate, but it wasn't. I don't know what I need to do to fix this issue at this point. 
Printer: MP select mini V2. 
PC: Lenovo thinkpad running Win7. 
Any help or ideas of how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• If it only happens on connect and afterwards you can commands just normally simply ignore it. Connection is a bit critical as it resets the printer and might have send before and after reset some data so such situations can occur. If you get this more frequent then every 1000 line send after initial connection you have a bad communication and should start searching for a solution.
  • Repetier said:
    If it only happens on connect and afterwards you can commands just normally simply ignore it. Connection is a bit critical as it resets the printer and might have send before and after reset some data so such situations can occur. If you get this more frequent then every 1000 line send after initial connection you have a bad communication and should start searching for a solution.
    what are some possible sources of bad communication then?
  • Some baud rates work better then others on some boards, different usb cables e.g. shielded. But as I said errors on connect do not count, only afterwards.
  • mtl302 said:
    Repetier said:
    If it only happens on connect and afterwards you can commands just normally simply ignore it. Connection is a bit critical as it resets the printer and might have send before and after reset some data so such situations can occur. If you get this more frequent then every 1000 line send after initial connection you have a bad communication and should start searching for a solution.
    mtl302 said:
    Repetier said:

• well this is something like what happens to me.  I get it on connect  and  when i try to print but it says like 20 times in a row , then says, echo:endstops hit: z:-0.04.  then says this again, Warning missed line detected - correcting buffer usage.  The funny thing is, is if I print the cat that came with the printer it works great no trouble at all from the usb or the sd card.

any help please...
  • Now I'm confused. If you can print the cat over usb and other files not the other files must contain something making troubles. 
    Missed line detected corrects it self. Especially if firmware send much stuff in a row it can easily happen to break the "ok" of a command. So just having this happen once in a while especially if firmware gets chatty should be no problem.
  • Well after pulling my hair out this is what I found so far.  after slicing it would say it cant find the file, so as I looked for it and I found here, well sorta . C:\Users\john\AppData\Local\RepetierHost. it was called "composition" but that did not fix it. when I loaded the fill, everything looked right item was in the center it would start to print. and there was another bug in the works.  instead of printing in the center like the preview, it printed to the right of center and almost to close to the front. But like i said the cat prints GREAT very smooth with out a hiccup . I have been using Repetier Host.  For some reason I can not find the print button for Cura.   Help before I go Bald.  :)
  • edited December 2018
    still having trouble,  I loaded some abs on here,  set the extruder at 250 and the bed at 110.  the extruder got the 250 with no problem but the max the bed it got was 64.80  . Even after it running 40 min. could not get any hotter.  I really  love little printer when it got here out of the box it printed a really good cat. I have had for 4 days and all i have been able to print is 3 really good looking Cats.  My first 3d printer was the Flashforge 2. and its been running Great for over 5 years now. the only trouble I have had with it was in the beginning was the bed leveling but after talking with the makers, its been working great.  Help I love this little Printer nice and compact...
  • Sure printer is for abs if it can not heat bed to 110°C? It can be limited but if you see output in temperature curve 100% for bed that it is a printer hardware limit.

For positioning make sure bed coordinates visible are same as on printer. Most have origin to left front but some have origin in the middle. If that does not match you get moves outwards and firmware might prevent that.

There is no print cura button. Hitting print always prints the gcode loaded regardless of the slicer used.
  • This is what comes up after slicing. then when I try to look at the Gcode its not there.  I kinda find it here.--->>.

in the file "composition.  thank you so much for helping me would love this working before Christmas , would like to take it to my Grandkids  to make thing with them.
  • ok tried a few settings but did not get anywhere ,  So I un- installed everything and started up again. so during  the re-install I ran in to the same two files I ran into the first time.  " RepetierServer " and  " FreeImage.dll " . so after removing them and let them re-install. have no issue  with the slicing, well not exactly ..  I get this when print it prints Ghost, it show on my computer that its printing but when I look on the bed its not there! Here is what I noticed on the computer..

no pla is being used..
  • ok now we are getting closer.  I am now using CuraEngine for slicing, no more ghost prints,  now even after re-installing the software.  When I goto print, it looks good and center on the computer but when it prints on the bed, it to the right of center almost going of the bed. and more to the back of the bed.
  • ok now we are getting closer.  I am now using CuraEngine for slicing, no more ghost prints,  now even after re-installing the software.  When I goto print, it looks good and center on the computer but when it prints on the bed, it to the right of center almost going off the bed. and more to the back of the bed. oh and not sure how come often this happens, as i was moving the z axis up abut halfway up, it just came and hit the bed. I thought it was broke but I pushed the up button again and it went up.
  • Ok the postprocessor thing is easy. In printer settings->advanced you have checked "Run Filter after every Slice" without defining a postprocessor. So just disable that check button.

For positioning I already told coordinate systems must match. After homing send G1 X0 Y0 and see where extruder is. In host there is a circle on the bed. That is 0,0 what host thinks. They should show the same position. If not go to printer settings->printer shape and adjust left/fron and xmin/ymin so the dot is where your origin really lies.
  • ok another day or 2 I hope I get this thing working.  Here is where i am at. still trying to figure out this position thing out, not sure what you mean about this ---> " After homing send G1 X0 Y0 and see where extruder is. In host there is a circle on the bed" .  so Iam putting these pictures here in hopes this will help ..    

This is the cat it prints in the middle of the bed..
    =============================================

this is a little round tuit, it prints to the right back of the bed.
    ==============================================

sorry to be a pain. would love to get this working soon..
  • What I mean is manual control click on home then enter in send line
    G1 X0 Y0
    and see where your extruder is. Is it in the middle or left front? That is all we are talking about all the time.

In your Printer Shape you told host where the bed is and that is from x=10 to 200 and y=10 to 200. 
    Example for x axis. Bed starts at bed left and is print area width wide. These coordinates must fit into xmin - xmax whcih they do not in your case. xmin/xmax define where you can move. Many printers can move outside the bed so that is not exactly the same.

If you bed is 200 wide and origin is in center you would set bed left -100, width 200 and xmin -100, xmax 100. Same for y. If you the slice all object move 100mm to left in print. I guess that it your problem since oyu say it prints to much on right side.
  • On the link to your printer it shows X,Y,Z as 120mm each respectively. You might need to update your settings.
  • Yes!  thank you.  it was set to 200x200x100 now every thing prints in the center as it should be. Now can you tell me if I can use a glass bed?  with this auto leave, will it ?work with glass?  Not sure if you are just the software technicians, or do you also work on the Monoprice,  Because I still can not get the settings for ABS over 64% . 
  • No we have nothing to do with monoprice. And since they do not use our firmware I can not say anything firmware related like why bed does not get full power.