Pibot 2.0

Are there any plans to make the firmware compatible with pibot vers 2.0 in future?

Comments

• Yes, I'm working on the next update that will contain pibot 2 support. Will hopefully be released today. But only for current version 0,.92.3.
  • Yes, I'm working on the next update that will contain pibot 2 support. Will hopefully be released today. But only for current version 0,.92.3.
    Are you also planning to reinstate the max PWM extruder setting in the Temperature menu? That would be great.
  • I'm not aware that I have removed anything. What is missing for which heater manager? Some parts are now renamed and some only show up with certain heat managers.
  • Vers 0.90 has  a setting under the temperature menu called "max PWM value-determines max power for heater (0255)". Version 0.91 and 0.92 no longer have that setting, or maybe I just cannot see it. If the setting has been renamed, under what heading do I find it now? I need to be able to limit the max power to the extruder because I run a 24V supply with 12 V heater cartridges. Your help would be appreciated.
  • It's still there and  I did not rename it. Can still see it directly under heater manager selection.
  • Thanks, found it. When do you think Pibot2.0 will come on stream?
  • I have this error. What to do?

Commands.cpp:24: error: 'ORIG_PS_ON_PIN' was not declared in this scope
    Commands.cpp: In static member function 'static void Commands::processMCode(GCode*)':
    Commands.cpp:1254: error: 'DIOORIG_PS_ON_PIN_DDR' was not declared in this scope
    Commands.cpp:1254: error: 'DIOORIG_PS_ON_PIN_PIN' was not declared in this scope
    Commands.cpp:1256: error: 'DIOORIG_PS_ON_PIN_WPORT' was not declared in this scope
    Commands.cpp:1256: error: 'DIOORIG_PS_ON_PIN_PIN' was not declared in this scope
    Commands.cpp:1256: error: 'DIOORIG_PS_ON_PIN_WPORT' was not declared in this scope
    Commands.cpp:1256: error: 'DIOORIG_PS_ON_PIN_PIN' was not declared in this scope
    Commands.cpp:1262: error: 'DIOORIG_PS_ON_PIN_DDR' was not declared in this scope
    Commands.cpp:1262: error: 'DIOORIG_PS_ON_PIN_PIN' was not declared in this scope
    Commands.cpp:1264: error: 'DIOORIG_PS_ON_PIN_WPORT' was not declared in this scope
    Commands.cpp:1264: error: 'DIOORIG_PS_ON_PIN_PIN' was not declared in this scope
    Commands.cpp:1264: error: 'DIOORIG_PS_ON_PIN_WPORT' was not declared in this scope
    Commands.cpp:1264: error: 'DIOORIG_PS_ON_PIN_PIN' was not declared in this scope

• When do you think your firmware will be available for Pibot2.0? I am hanging out for it. Pibot for Repetier form Pibot is problematic and full of bugs.
  • Just have fixed the pins.h file. Should compile now without problems.
  • I cannot find Pibot 2.0 in the motherbard menu yet. Have you uploaded the new version already? Thanks.
  • Yes I had uploaded the newest version, but forgot to add the board in the configurator board list. Should now be selectable.
  • The firmware configured and uploaded to the new board without problem. The problem starts when I want to connect to Repetier Host. It finds the Com port, it connects, but according to the text message, no start signal is detected and the board does not run. If I go back to the Repetier for Pibot firmware, it works OK? Any idea?
  • What baud rate have you set? If 115200 try connecting with arduin ide serial console and see if you get messages like "wait" or "start" on a reset. Then you know it works. Sometimes you need to change the "Reset on connection" type in the host, also it would be strange that it works with one version and not with an other version.

Aslo try other baud rates especially 250000. If you have eeprom enabled it could be a different baud rate stored in eeprom.
  • All sorted now, thanks. The problem was with the interface control panel. I specified the Viki panel in the configurator but had not connected it. Once it was connected, the board logged in straight away. Your firmware configurator is awesome! Finally, something that can be set up easily without having to be a programmer.