manual leveling procedure

I'm trying hard to find the method for setting up a procedure for the user to level the bed manually.

Configuration:
* No sensor
* 2 extruders, mechanically fixed in height (having a z-difference)
* 1 fixed bed support
* 2 adjustable bed supports

I can imagine the following sequence:
1 - home Y, home X (get extruders out of the way)
2 - home Z
3 - lower bed 10mm
4 - move extruder 1 over fixed bed support
5 - present menu for user to adjust Z to nozzle (using a calibration sheet)
6 - let user confirm - store Z value for extruder 1 somewhere
7 - move extruder 1 over adjustable bed support 1
8 - let user adjust and confirm
9 - move extruder 1 over adjustable bed support 2
10 - let user adjust and confirm
11 - park extruder 1 (move away from bed)
12 - move extruder 2 over fixed bed support
13 - present menu for user to adjust Z to nozzle
14 - let user confirm - store Z value for extruder 2 somewhere

Is this already forseen, or maybe done for 1 extruder as an example? 

Comments

• For 2 extruders you set extruder 1 z offset 0 and extruder 2 z offset according to difference. This of course requires that extruder 1 is off bed when extruder 2 is active or the other extruder will hit off all objects while printing.

Manual autoleveling is not supported. In that case you have to adjust using the bed screws to get it plane (which is also the better solution for printing, but of course more work).
  • The words "you set" pinpoints exactly the question I have: the need for a convenient method for the user to level the bed.

No need for autoleveling, just a procedure guiding through the steps.
  • I just do it with the host. Here I use the history function of manual commands to change between my 3 or 4 probing points.

I also use a metal block of known height to put it below nozzle. So I do not need to go up/down with z and it is much more precise then paper method.
  • I was more thinking something like the Ultimaker bed leveling procedure. You know I must make it easy for my customers.

The metal block is a good idea. Paper is indeed a tricky method.
  • As a vendor you could take the pain and write a wizard using our event system. See felix pro on how to write wizards with event system. There is a xy calibartion that also involves some steps so you see how it works in general. You could then flip through your points and every time you show "Next" or "Finish" so they can cycle through test points until satisfied.