Commands waiting?

Hello, new user and new to forum. I have been trying to use repetier on my new printer rapide lite 200 which is using the rumba/taurino driver compatible with ATmega2560 on Com3. I was using repetier succesfully to run calibration tests and then I lost the ability to print from repetier. Prints would freeze or connections were lost. I then was using repetier to move the extruder around to calibrate and had axes control without issues.

Currently I cannot do anything with repetier. My computer recognizes the printer on com3 and I can connect to it with repetier but that is it. When I connect it tells me I have 5 commands waiting and the printer is unresponsive. If I do anything the commands add up. If I click the OK button , the commands go away til I get to idle and then suddenly there is another command waiting? I can print from SD card on the printer but really want to have control with my computer again. I have changed usb cables, baud rates and anything else I can think of but without success.

I am not sure if it is my printer or not but would appreciate any guidance or assistance.

Comments

• Forgot to mention I have uninstalled and reinstalled programs and drivers as well to see if that would remedy the issue.
  • The commands waiting happens if usb driver connects but we get no recogniceable response. Make sure it resets firmware if possible. Normally it is wrong baudrate. If you have repetier firmware and lcd display you can see baudrate in confugarion->general. To change baudrate change it there and go up and select store to eeprom.
  • Hi,  I have the same issue as kpolis and tried to solve with the suggestions given... no good news:   I changed the baudrate and then, I realized that probably I'm using a wrong driver.  I have Windows 7, 64 bits.  Driver installed is: "CMD v2.12.00 WHQL Certified.exe"
    In set up instructions I noticed as well that Baudrate is set at 250000 but when I open the port in peripherals manager, I can't see the same value. I see 115200, 230400, 460800...so no 25000 as stated for printer.  Could be this the reason?   The fact is that I was already printing but some times the printer stopped at the middle of the project without evident reason.

Any other suggestion besides changing baudrate?    I also uninstalled and installed again the driver.  Leds on motherboards blink when I connect the usb cable but connection to repeater is not possible and it displays "command waiting"   :-(
    Thank you for any help you can provide.
  • The baudrate in peripheral settings of windows are not relevant. Only the value set in host and there you find 250000. Also try different baud rates especially 115200. The baudrate when you first installed repetier-firmware is the one stored in eeprom that counts.
  • i have the same problem and try this procedures but nothing happen. i need a solution.
  • If baud rate is correct teh only othe roption is Reset on Connect. Espcially Printrboard needs it disables and ARduino Due on native port also needs a special setting.
  • Go to the device manager click on Com ports then plug the printer into it. Look at what port pops up take note. Set the baud rate to 115200 then go back to Repetier host and go into printer settings. Put the port that popped up in and be sure the Baud rate is the same and try again.
  • Not exactly! The baud rate in device manager has no meaning. We override it with every connect. Importnant is the baud rate set in firmware that must match the one in host.

The trick for finding the right com port id is correct.
  • So are you saying even if the setting in device manager is at 9600 it wont matter? That is good to know. I had no issue getting the printer to work on one of my computers with Windows 8.1 but not on one with Windows 10. The small computer had lots of problems with the auto setting of the port but once I chose the port all was good.
  • Yes, device manager does not matter.

All what Auto does is selecting the first available com port. For most users this is the only one available so they never need to select a port. If you have other serial devices it might select the wrong port and then you need to select explicitly which port is the right one.
  • edited October 2015
    I had an instance with Marlin and Windows 10 once where my COM3 (the default port) got like...confused. I simply could not connect to my printer no matter what baud rate.

What ended up solving it was changing the COM port to COM1 in the Port-Settings tab (in device manager properties) and restarting my computer. It may not be related, but it's cleared up COM port issues with my printer before...even if it wasn't with repetier haha. 
  • THANKSSSSSSSSS
  • Hello
    I'm having trouble with this "waiting command", the serial port is ok, the baudrate as well. Using an Arduino Mega and ramps 1.4. The firmware version is 0.92
    What might be happening??
    thank you
  • Hi

What fixed the problem for me was to Disable the "Reset on Connect".

• I had an instance with Marlin and Windows 10 once where my COM3 (the default port) got like...confused. I simply could not connect to my printer no matter what baud rate.

What ended up solving it was changing the COM port to COM1 in the Port-Settings tab (in device manager properties) and restarting my computer. It may not be related, but it's cleared up COM port issues with my printer before...even if it wasn't with repetier haha. 
    This worked for me also! 

Thanks. 

just changed the port and then restarted the computer and it worked...

just restarting does not work...
  • I had the same problem.  I installed my new new printer (8A-M), set things up and all worked fine via repetier controls on the first go.    then when i came back I could no longer control the printer via repetier.    problem was solved when i changed my printer settings to set baud to 250000 instead of the 115200 that was recommended in the manual for my printer.    I have no idea why it changed changed but it seems to work well now.   hopefully this baud rate is not too fast and my printer doesnt miss any instructions during prints.   
  • 250000 baud is also a often used speed. There is a checksum to protect for com errors, so normally no problem even if you get a resend error every few thousand lines.
  • Bonsoir
    moi aussi j ai le même problème
    apparemment  je suis connecter a l imprimante 
    dans configuration jje n est pas axe a configuration eeprom
    et dans contrôle manuel je ne peux pas déplacer quoi que ce soi
    si vous pouver me depanner merci
  • Bonsoir 
    Je ne sais pas ce qu il ses passer avec mon précédant message ,je vais le traduire 
    mon problème est que quand je me connecte a mon imprimante l'icone passe au vert
    Je ne peux pas intervenir dans la configuration de l' eeprom
    Je ne peux pas non plus utilisée la commande manuel
    j ai fait ces esse sur deux carte différente cela ne change rien
    le port com (5) est le bon il ma servi a flaché ma carte MKS GEN L 1.  0
    j'ai aussi essayer toute les vitesse rien ne change
    si vous pouvez me dépanner MERCI