How to setup firmware for corexy

I've searched the forum pretty good (I think), I've found bits and pieces concerning this but nothing explaining everything at once. I've been messing around with this firmware setup sense last year and I don't think I've made much In the way of progress. My printer is x-350mm, y-427mm, z-673mm, dual extruder, and bltouch probe. I have 3 endstops mounted, x-min, y-max, z-min. I should also mention I'm running the ramps 1.4/Mega combo and my heated bed is running independent of the board. Now when I setup the firmware the first time I chose the first corexy option and I was able to get the xy motors to home but z moves ultra slow, like if i wasnt looking right at pulley and leadscrew I'd never know it was moving slow and it homes in the wrong direction. I'd love to know what I'm doing wrong here, I've been working on this sense November and its driving me nuts!

Comments

• Lead based z is always slow. But depending on your steps per mm and quality it might get faster. There is a max. z speed that needs to be high enough of course. Often steps per mm are so high that this can slow down everything. You will not get more then 40k steps per second. If that is required reduce substepping of z axis.
  • Thanks, but that's not entirely what I was asking. I've (as of yesterday) inverted the z axis and increased its homing speed, this at least has it homing in the right direction and moving faster (I can at least see it move now). Now ive run into a problem with the XY homing, I have a short video of what's happening.

Im hoping to get this thing ready to at least make a dry print, I still have the cables from my hotends, cooling fan, and BLTouch to extend and connect.

• @dthomas6184 My corexy uses repetier dev and is a bit smaller than yours.  watch our fw walkthrough as it might help you out 

• Thanks for your reply, but your video will not play.
  • Thanks for your reply, but your video will not play.
    my fault, I pasted the wrong link 
  • absolutely perfect! Thank you!
  • absolutely perfect! Thank you!

Awesome! Glad that helped!!!
  • shaiss said:

absolutely perfect! Thank you!

Awesome! Glad that helped!!!
    I went through the entire video last night and setup the firmware as I watched. After it was done I uploaded it and tried moving XY&Z, the movement was much better but there are some issues. All 3 will only move to 7.77mm then stop and XY home in the wrong direction (even after I flip the plugs around) and ingnore their endstops. I will upload a video of what its doing later today.
  • For your homing issue. Change the homing direction in FW. If it's checked in the configurator uncheck it. Then it will home to zmax. If that's not your intention you can change the direction in FW too under the respective stepper in the configurator.

Check your size settings too.

Share your config file and we can have a look.

• these are 2 new videos showing the movement issues and below is my config.h

• I'll look in the am. It's too late here.
  • shaiss said:
    For your homing issue. Change the homing direction in FW. If it's checked in the configurator uncheck it. Then it will home to zmax. If that's not your intention you can change the direction in FW too under the respective stepper in the configurator. Check your size settings too. Share your config file and we can have a look.
    do you know how to insert a file? im not sure how to upload my config.h
  • Use a file sharing sure like ge.tt, onedrive, Google drive, Dropbox, etc. Or copy and paste it into pastebin or pastie
  • edited April 2017
    shaiss said: Use a file sharing sure like ge.tt, onedrive, Google drive, Dropbox, etc. Or copy and paste it into pastebin or pastie
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxhXMLFTwtwyeS1nUVZtVWpnNG8/view?usp=sharing
  • On my CoreXY with a Y-max endstop I home to Y-max. 
    I also had to change the homing order to y first then x then z.(my x kept slamming into the switch with XYZ defined, don't know why).
    It looks like you have the Y-min hardware defined as true , but you are using Y-max? 
    Also the home dir for y is going to y-min.
  • Your XYZ endstops are set to MIN and you homing direction is set to MIN.  So that's good.
    Where on your printer are your endstops?
    Your XYZ size is 350, 427, 673, is that right?  It's hard to tell by your video but that seems a bit big.  Not sure
    I know you said you flipped the wires, but have you changed either of these for X or Y?

You're using PDM, I know that's what we had in the video.  But You should use PWM, I need to annotate that.
  • edited April 2017
    I don't think my printer was a fan of the development firmware, I redid the configuration in .92 and there was some improvement. I'm still having issues with XY homing, Z homes perfectly but Y bounces back and forth ignoring its endstop until it finishes the homing cycle and homing X moves the entire carriage forward (if standing in front of the printer) then it slams the hot end into the right side. My Y endstop is located on the left rear of the printer and the X endstop is attached to the left slider, I haven't mounted my Z axis endstop yet. I tried flipping the wires and and inverting the motors in the firmware but it didn't fix it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxhXMLFTwtwyeS1nUVZtVWpnNG8

this is the config.h file as it sits now, its got to be something silly that i am missing

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxhXMLFTwtwyZ2J2amFBYjJzSTQ - some pictures of my printer
  • If you hold down the endstop switch with your finger and run m114, does the response show high for the switch you pushed down? I'm wondering if your having a wiring issue.

Also, maybe your belt is not tensioned properly and/or toothed pulleys on the stepper is loose. I'm thinking this is more of a hardware issue vs software.
  • I've gone back and really checked my wireing and all my endstops are connected correctly. I took a short video of it.

Both z and x are working as they should be, y is still being difficult.