Controlling 6 to 8 stepper motors at the same time?

Hi,

New in the forum. I'm building a new machine for an investigation project, and in its second stage we are looking to control between 6-8 stepper motors at the same time, kind of sending a G-code for each motor movement with a certain speed.

Something like: G1 X100 Y100 Z100 W100 U100 V100 A1000 D100 F30. (x, y, z, w, u, v, a and d as bipolar steppers)

I've seen some shields, like RADDS for arduino due and the Azteeg x3 Pro 3D that can have 6 or 8 stepper drivers.

The thing is that i'm getting lost in the firmware and host software (repetier host) to control such steppers all at once. Is it posible? should i consider other option?

Point me to the right direction! thanks

Comments

• With current firmware you can only control 4 steppers the same time (X,Y,Z,E). For more steppers you need to rewrite the firmware to handle more axis the same time as this is nothing required for 3d printers.
  • Repetier said:
    With current firmware you can only control 4 steppers the same time (X,Y,Z,E). For more steppers you need to rewrite the firmware to handle more axis the same time as this is nothing required for 3d printers.
    Thanks for your reply