Possible G10/G11 bug

Good day Repetier,

I have set up a diamond head on a delta, and I configured mixing and set my slicer to use G10/G11 retract/restore.

But I see that if I print with a color that only use one extruder, then G10/G11 effects all the extruder motors equally.

The down side of this is that if I set the Extra Restore Distance to -0.1mm(to try and combat blobs at start of lines) then the extruders that are not active, and don't feed much during the print, loose 0.1 for every restore, eventually retracting so far that the filament jams in the head. This happens because the restore removes -0.1mm from all motors on every retract of the printing motor, and as the second/third motor is not actually printing, that 0.1mm is never caught up and gets worse and worse.

This is my experience, but I might be wrong.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,
Errol

Comments

• Ok, that function dates back before mixing extruder. That all extruders retract is wanted behaviour as it is the only way to relieve pressure from all filaments. I have just added a fix for the extra length to come only according to mixing ratio. Please test and let me know if it helps or if something is wrong. Don't have a mixing extruder at the moment for testing.
  • Repetier said:
    That all extruders retract is wanted behaviour as it is the only way to relieve pressure from all filaments.

are you shure about that ? all Filaments end up in a single chamber before nozzle so it doesnt matter which one i retract.

if i retract just one it will relieve pressure from the others too ( just imagine hydraulic System)

• RAyWB said:
    are you shure about that ? all Filaments end up in a single chamber before nozzle so it doesnt matter which one i retract.

if i retract just one it will relieve pressure from the others too ( just imagine hydraulic System)

If you don't retract all then there could be a case of "pumping" where the extruders that are not pulled back leak their filament into the mixing chamber, and then on restore the mixed up color is pushed back into the un-retracted melt zone as the pressure rebuilds during printing. Best to release pressure on all extruders.

Thank you Repetier. Will test it out tonight and report back.
  • Ok, thanks for information
  • Hi Repetier,

The issue seems to be fixed.  Thank you!