Confirm @pause dialog via LCD control

When printing from Repetier-Host, it would be nice if one could confirm the @pause dialog also from the LCD control at the printer.

Comments

• Pause is meant to do whatever needed so you need ways to e.g- change filament. Blocking this with a ok to continue screen is in many cases not productive.

• Repetier said:
    Pause is meant to do whatever needed so you need ways to e.g- change filament. Blocking this with a ok to continue screen is in many cases not productive.
    It took me a while to poke some sense into your response. I didn't mean to have a "continue" message on the printer's LCD screen which would block other LCD commands. This would be non-sense, obviously. But besides all the other LCD commands we could have a "Continue" command which would send the string "EndPause:" (or alike) to the host. The Repetier-Host program would close its @pause dialog and continue with printing either when the user clicked OK or when the host received the string "EndPause:" (or alike) from the printer. This would not change the current @pause behavior, except for providing a second alternative of confirming the @pause dialog.
  • I think that case is already impemented in newest dev version. But it requires the host to know that and only ne t host release knows how to detect firmware supports this. So if you wait for next host pr server version with latest dev firmware you should get it.
  • Repetier said:
    I think that case is already impemented in newest dev version. But it requires the host to know that and only ne t host release knows how to detect firmware supports this. So if you wait for next host pr server version with latest dev firmware you should get it.
    Okay, thanks. I will have a look.