Wiring a laser driver on GT2560

Hello to everyone,

I want to connect a laser driver to GT2560 motherboard. Does anyone have any experience with wiring (and settings in firmware)?
Laser driver has Vin and TTL in.
Until now I have connected only Vin to the second hotend (as it is free) but not working as I was expexted (more laser lines on start and end of gcode)

Comments

• what driver do you have ?
  • V in (red and black) are for + - 12v @2amp
    TTL (white and blue) are for a 5v pwm on/off signal.

not sure where you will get the 5v pwm signal from
  • Forget TTL - simply set laser pin to whereever ttl is connected. For a 2W laser you can use feedrate to control intensity with laser on full power. Have cut paper and wood using this control.
  • Sorry, I missed you :smile: I want more details, please read my first post!
  • See parallel thread where that was recently discussed and a solution presented for pwm.
  • Thank you for the answer. I have multiple problems to setup it correctly that why I don't want to assume... TTL input is not connected at all, right? Vin is connected to (second) hot end, setuped already in firmware. The plugin produce gcode, and I have to problems. On start and end I have wrong laser lines , I don't know why. Second, 100 mm draw line in Inkscape is about 26mm in gcode. ( units are mm everywhere) Problem in inkscape maybe? I have installed it triple... So, when I have some help to solve these, I'll be back for pwm implementation:)
  • I think TTL input must be high to see laser output. But it does not need to get PWM signal. It can be full on or off. Have done this similar. Hotend for main 12V power so I can enable when it will work at all. With ttl low I see a decent blue spot and with ttl on I really need my safety glasses and not look at it directly.

What are wrong laser lines? Please only consider the gcode not if gcode is wrong. So G1 moves are supposed to be visible.
  • So, i decided to forget ttl input, lets go to laser lines. The first g0 command (used to move to the start point for lasering) is executed with laser ON. Sometimes is on also to the last g0 command...
     I have connect the laser to 2nd hotend terminal, but in firmware I have declare only one extruder. When I declare two extruders, laser dosnt work at all (flashes some times betwen movements).
  • and finaly why 100mm line long (x=0, y=0)  in inkscape are been transformed to G1 X28.2222  Y0??? getting crazy 8-}

• ksdfpr said:
    The first g0 command (used to move to the start point for lasering) is executed with laser ON.
    what type of printer do you have?
  • RAyWB said:

ksdfpr said:
    The first g0 command (used to move to the start point for lasering) is executed with laser ON.
    what type of printer do you have?
    Geeetech G2S pro (delta)
  • ok , thanks.

@Repetier :

there is another guy also with a delta fighting with this issue see Post :

"Laser turned on on all moves".

i loaded configuration from this guy to dev version and checked on Mega/Ramps.

so it does not switch off laser during g0 moves .

no reaction to M5, laser gets switched on during any kind of move...

changing from delta to cartesian it works as it should.

Did crosstest on my due setup and in both versions(delta and cartesian)

Laser works as it should. might that be a memory problem on AVR Mega2560?

any idea?

• I solved this by increasing the difference between travel speed and laser speed a few units or adding a g0 x0 y0 before first move!!!

What about this? " 100mm line long (x=0, y=0)  in inkscape are been transformed to G1 X28.2222  Y0???"
  • Sure you did not scale on inkscape import? It is a strange scaling factor for something hard coded.
  • edited February 2017
    No, not import . I draw a single line 100mm. Everywhere has mm units. In paper is printed normal. And I have reinstalled Inkscape 2-3 times (except something "wrong" is staying in win directories?)
  • And you are using the plugin we modified to generate repetier compatible code? Or an other plugin. There are so many doing nearly the same.
  • Mmmmm, I tried the jphotonic plugin and I got also same results. So it's Inkscape problem...