Extruder and Z not working properly

Even with the " M302 S1" the extruder has not moved when plugged into the E1 or E0 since this combination was put together, it does however work just fine when plugged into the Y axis on the board. this tells us the motor and cable are good.  many setting changes VIA the sight and uploaded using Arduino 1.6.4. It can't be moved by the control panel or by software (tried both S3D and RH)

No matter what settings, the Z height tops out at 149.99 instead of 180 (or close to it) as directed. verified on the RF site and in the file in Arduino

X and Y move great, it heats both the bed and the hotend, the fans come on when they are told, the end stops, stop.

So what gives? I have searched Google till it doesn't want to talk to me any more. I'm sure buying flowers will be involved on that one,

signed at wits end

Comments

• With the extruder, the only reasons i can think of is that steps/mm are set to 0, or in repetier host (if that is what you are using,make sure 'dry run' is not enabled
  • Also check eeprom settings for z length. Guess there you have your 150 overriding configuration.h.
  • MartinH said:
    With the extruder, the only reasons i can think of is that steps/mm are set to 0, or in repetier host (if that is what you are using,make sure 'dry run' is not enabled
    that turned out to be the stepper drive being turned down way low from the factory for both the Z and E