Motors lurching

I just hooked up my Rambo 1.3 board and downloaded my firmware onto it. The printer configuration is a delta. When we try to move the head only one motor will move. The other two seem to just lurch forward and then backward. When we unplug the motor that works and plug it into the one of the steppers that werent working they start to work. Any advice on how to fix this issue or where it might be occuring at?

Comments

• If they more or less shake they have only one coil powered maybe. Or driver is set to bad current so they can not move.

You could try also move driver to other socket to see if that changes it. Check configuration.h if all drivers are set to same current - If I remember right for rambo these are set software side.
  • Repetier said:
    If they more or less shake they have only one coil powered maybe. Or driver is set to bad current so they can not move.

You could try also move driver to other socket to see if that changes it. Check configuration.h if all drivers are set to same current - If I remember right for rambo these are set software side.
    Okay so I checked the configuration and in the motor_current_percentage is set to (55,55,55,55,55). so i think that means they are all the same. What do you mean by changing driver to other socket? Also is there a way to test the driver chips?
  • Stuttering might be a better description than lurching.
  • as you say :

When we unplug the motor that works and plug it into the one of the steppers that werent working they start to work.

it seems Drivers are ok. so may be Connection from Motor to connector is loose.

(can be in loose in  connector as connector contacts are crimped).

or also might be Motor cable are not in correct order (check Colors in connector)

so i guess your Motors have 4 wires , check the coils with Ohmmeter.

usally red/blue and green/ black are on Motor , so you should make one measurement

between red and blue  and also one measurement between green and black wire.

readings should be the same

• RAyWB said:

as you say :

When we unplug the motor that works and plug it into the one of the steppers that werent working they start to work.

it seems Drivers are ok. so may be Connection from Motor to connector is loose.

(can be in loose in  connector as connector contacts are crimped).

or also might be Motor cable are not in correct order (check Colors in connector)

so i guess your Motors have 4 wires , check the coils with Ohmmeter.

usally red/blue and green/ black are on Motor , so you should make one measurement

between red and blue  and also one measurement between green and black wire.

readings should be the same

Okay so our motors do have 4 wires. the groupings are red/green and yellow/blue. we have them connecting to the board in the same order per the schematic.

All the motors are hooked up exactly the same as motor A. Motor A is the one that works. We have ruled out that the steppers are fine because we take the connection to motor A and plug it into B and C. The motors B and C will work fine individually when connected to A's connection.

When we checked with an ohmmeter we saw that motor A, B and C had about 4 ohms.

It seems like they are trying to step forward but then step backward.
  • what happens if you increase motor current?

set to (65,65,65,65,65)
  • Nothing happened, they keep working the exact same as before. If you take a look at this youtube video he is having the same problem we are. 

RAyWB said:
    what happens if you increase motor current?

set to (65,65,65,65,65)