Extruder not moving - but is tested OK - how to swap from E0 to E1?

Hi There

I have almost finished re-building the Thingfarm TF1, everything is working except the extruder  is not feeding. I have checked the mechanical parts and it will feed manually. The stepper motor is not working. I have tred the stepper motor on the X-axis and it works, I have swapped the stepper driver board for one that was on the X-axis. So I know that the stepper motor and the driver board are OK. I think it is not getting command from the software or the RAMPS board is faulty. I have seen suggestions to try E1 instead of E0, but I don't know how to do this. I have the printer attached to a computer and use Cura. People talk about changing the settings in files, but I dont know where or how to do this. I am new to 3D printers, but do have electronics experience, and a working knowledge of Raspberry Pi's. I know nothing about Arduino's!

Please advise!

My Setup

PC connected to 3D printer via USB, running Cura

3D printer is a Thingfarm TF1 - (no active website or support available) - it is like an AIR2

Everything seems to be working on the printer except the extruder stepper is not responding

Comments

• Are you heating the extruder 1st, firmware will prevent extruding untill it reaches +170 ish degC
  • M302 S1
    enables cold extrusion for testing.

In our config tool you can set which extruder uses which motor socket. Here you could also change to E1 socket.
  • MartinH said:
    Are you heating the extruder 1st, firmware will prevent extruding untill it reaches +170 ish degC
    Hi Martin, Yes I am, I also set the temperature lower and made sure it had reached it, but no difference

Thanks for the response,
    Kev
  • Repetier said:
    M302 S1
    enables cold extrusion for testing.

In our config tool you can set which extruder uses which motor socket. Here you could also change to E1 socket.
    Hi There
    Please bear in mind I am a novice at 3D printers, where would I get the tool from and where would I run it?

M3012 S1 - where would I enter this?

Best regards

Kev

• Repetier host or pronterface  both have the option to send G code to the printer(i prefer repetier host)

you can allso check the eeprom settings with repetier, make sure E0 steps/mm are not set to 0