Cannot connect printer

I recently bought my first 3d printer, a delta k200. I assembled it correctly turned on the lcd and it started up and the lcd screen on the printer said "printer is ready". Then i downloaded the repetier software on a mac os and tried connecting the printer. I got the baud rate right 115200 but i can not find the com option (for connecting printers i think) I hook up the usb cable (included in the box) from the printer to the computer and nothing happens. What do i do? 

Comments

• They should appear in printer setting in port list. But mac does not name them com. Mine start with usbmodemXXXXXX.
  • for some reason all i have in port list is virtual printer and bluetooth-incoming-port. And when i hook my printer up to my computer nothing happens. Could it be that i got a faulty motherboard or a cheap one?
  • Repetier said:
    They should appear in printer setting in port list. But mac does not name them com. Mine start with usbmodemXXXXXX.
    for some reason all i have in port list is virtual printer and bluetooth-incoming-port. And when i hook my printer up to my computer nothing happens. Could it be that i got a faulty motherboard or a cheap one?
  • All ports available are in /dev on mac. So for testing unplug, then

ls -l /dev | wc

and then plugin board and again

ls -l /dev | wc

wc counts words and lines. So with printer in it should show one more file so line count must increase by 1.

If you have a FTDI based com port ypu might need to install a ftdi driver for mac to get it. Not sure about this as I did this once and since then I know it's working but I think it should also work without.
  • Repetier said:
    All ports available are in /dev on mac. So for testing unplug, then

ls -l /dev | wc

and then plugin board and again

ls -l /dev | wc

wc counts words and lines. So with printer in it should show one more file so line count must increase by 1.

If you have a FTDI based com port ypu might need to install a ftdi driver for mac to get it. Not sure about this as I did this once and since then I know it's working but I think it should also work without.
    Oh ok thank you that worked!